trail cam and batteries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trail cam and batteries

my batteries on my cam are down to about 50%, it may just be my imagination but it seems that the trigger speed has slowed from instantaneous, to a few second delay? can anyone confirm or deny battery power and its relation to trail cam performance?

yes, as battery life goes down so will your trigger speed. this is more apparent on less expensive cameras, i have a couple cheap ones ($120) and they are worthless unless the batteries are fresh. also, trigger speed will go down a little if your memory is very full or if you are using too big of an SD card.

Comment

Originally posted by jugiese View Post
      yes, as battery life goes down so will your trigger speed. this is more apparent on less expensive cameras, i have a couple cheap ones ($120) and they are worthless unless the batteries are fresh. also, trigger speed will go down a little if your memory is very full or if you are using too big of an SD card.
      Not to hijack the thread, but what is a good size for a trail camera? I've got a 2GB & 512MB.
      Fishing trips aren't measured in pounds and inches; they're measured in smiles, laughter, and memories with friends and family.

Comment

I use 2G in all my cams. Works great.

Ive noticed in my Moultries especially that when those batteries are low it doesnt work very good.

Comment

yeah i decided to spend the 6 dollars on new batteries for my moultrie cam, it said i was at 50%, and i was noticing lots of deer hindquarter pictures, I also run a 2gb card, can run up to 4gb, settled on 2gb cause walmart had a pretty good deal on 2gb two packs, 2gb is way overkill for how often i check my camera

Comment

you're exactly right, from my experience with moultries (which i have a decent amount) 2gb is about as much as you wanna go. they will accept up to 4, but really, at 2gb i'm getting appx 1500 pictures at high resolution, so unless you are only checking your cameras once every 2 months, 2gb is plenty!

Comment

Working...
            X