Cleaning guns?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleaning guns?

How many of you just really dig cleaning your guns? I had to clean up a couple of mine from the weekend tonight. It's one of my favorite activities.

I don't like cleaning someone else's gun too much. But I really enjoy getting out my gear, taking a one of my guns apart and spending some time with it.

I was wondering if maybe I like it too much. Maybe I need a pet or something?
    Become the change in the world that you seek.

im with you, i enjoy it also

Comment

I absolutely love it! After doing some shooting Sunday afternoon, I cleaned all three of my guns and I just love getting them cleaned out and they end up turning out brand new condition!!! Nothing like cycling the Benelli and hearing it just glide on the fresh drops of oil!

Although I don't have a pet either....
      Fishing trips aren't measured in pounds and inches; they're measured in smiles, laughter, and memories with friends and family.

Comment

I try to avoid cleaning mine. The only ones I clean really good are the neighbor's SBEs that we borrow sometimes for a change of pace or the added magazines.

Alex
        They have cometh

Comment

I dont know if I ever have cleaned my Nova. Ive sprayed some remoil into it before I guess.

I do know what you mean though. I used to love to take them apart to see how they work then put them back together.

Comment

I thoroughly do not enjoy cleaning guns.... Try to go as long as possible between cleanings.

To each his own.

Comment

I hate to see any rust on my guns after I was too tired the day before to clean them, so I make sure I oil them down after every trip. I don't mind doing it. It gives me time to think about the days hunt. I do however hate to clean my black powder rifle! That is a pain!
              A fairy tale starts out "once upon a time", a fisherman's story starts out "this ain't no bull****".
              ~Captain Phil Harris

If I could not hunt, the only thing that would be left I guess would be to die. ~ Phil Robertson

Comment

It sounds like a good idea to me untill I get started in it, then i tire of it pretty quickly. Still a pretty good way to pass some time during the off-season.
                Is it duck season yet?

"Look, a pair of singles!"

Comment

I don't mind it, sitting in front of the tv, making everything clean and shiny. I pay more attention to it in the early seasons, like now, when your hands are sweaty....that stuff will rust you up pretty quick....always tear off at least the forearm and oil outside of the barrel, trigger and action...anything I might have touched. I do that every time. They usually get a thorough cleaning a couple times a season.

Comment

Originally posted by platteriverhunter View Post
                    I thoroughly do not enjoy cleaning guns.... Try to go as long as possible between cleanings.

To each his own.
                    Kinda like the dentist!

Comment

I was wondering if maybe I like it too much. Maybe I need a pet or something?
                      Could have to do with what you are "sniffing"!
                      M_SS_spit2:

Harold F.
                      Report Fish/Game Violations:
                      1-800-742-SNAP (7627)

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor_Joe_26 View Post
                        I hate to see any rust on my guns after I was too tired the day before to clean them, so I make sure I oil them down after every trip.

This is why every single gun I own is either camo dipped or stainless.

Comment

Originally posted by Ty Stromquist View Post
                          This is why every single gun I own is either camo dipped or stainless.
                          I have to say I enjoy cleaning my stainless MZ rifle just about most of all there's a good reason for that!

Least favorite... for me it's any high powered rifle. I simply chose to not shoot them when I can choose to shoot the muzzleloader.
                          Become the change in the world that you seek.

Comment

Steve, if you like cleaning guns so much you can clean all of mine for me!:D

Comment

I like my guns to be nice and clean and oiled, but I really dislike cleaning them. Breaking them down is cool, but I'd rather not have to clean them. :D

Comment

Working...
                              X