Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big ducks

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    I'm not even gonna get started on the season dates for the LPE. Opening later and later every year is just plain dumb.

    Didn't see any big ducks last weekend down in the Central NE basins.
    Is it duck season yet?

    "Look, a pair of singles!"

    Comment


      #17
      Holmes lake is currently loaded with big greenheads
      Just cuz you've got a brush dont make you a painter

      Eighty percent of success is showing up.



      RECOVERING NICOTINE ADDICT SINCE April 6th 2008

      Comment


        #18
        Saw 2 big ducks while teal hunting last weekend. Looked like gads, but couldn't tell for sure since it was still dark. Didn't see any others all day Saturday. Did see a flock of Canada's up high headed south though.

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by CDILL View Post
          Saw 2 big ducks while teal hunting last weekend. Looked like gads, but couldn't tell for sure since it was still dark. Didn't see any others all day Saturday. Did see a flock of Canada's up high headed south though.
          Possible Cormorants? little early for cans but ya never know!

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by luvsitall View Post
            Possible Cormorants? little early for cans but ya never know!
            I normally see the first flock of geese in the basins by August. There are always a few early birds, especially specks. A flock of 8 snows flew over me extra low a few days ago while teal hunting. Would have been bloody had the season been open. Those could have been crips left over from the spring, but they also could have easily been Juvies that didn't breed and got a head start. Happens with some frequency.

            Spotted flocks of Canadas multiple times in the basins during September.

            PO

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by Patrick Olson View Post
              I normally see the first flock of geese in the basins by August. There are always a few early birds, especially specks. A flock of 8 snows flew over me extra low a few days ago while teal hunting. Would have been bloody had the season been open. Those could have been crips left over from the spring, but they also could have easily been Juvies that didn't breed and got a head start. Happens with some frequency.

              Spotted flocks of Canadas multiple times in the basins during September.

              PO
              8 snows sweeeet anything is possible thats why we can't sleep all night and get up at 3am... it's a bad addiction!!! keep me updated on any sightings of specks and snows thanxxxxx

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by luvsitall View Post
                Possible Cormorants? little early for cans but ya never know!
                Definitely could have been Cormorants, but they sure looked like Canadas. Lol. Did have two Cormorants land about 200 yards away from us as we were picking up though.

                Comment

                Working...
                X