Big ducks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big ducks

Saw 2 large groups of big ducks flying to a field this evening while trying our luck with a few doves.....they are starting to move into the area...:rock::eusa_dance:

anybody else seeing many around here?

for a low price of only $24.99, I will send you a list of the spots they flew over.....:lol:
    A man never stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child fish.....

I didn't see as many bigger ducks as I have in the past, but holy sh!t is there alot of doves in the central part of the state!:wscared:

Comment

Originally posted by fishman34 View Post
      Saw 2 large groups of big ducks flying to a field this evening while trying our luck with a few doves.....they are starting to move into the area...:rock::eusa_dance:

anybody else seeing many around here?

for a low price of only $24.99, I will send you a list of the spots they flew over.....:lol:
      I just bought two of the maps off the Sham WOW guy for $9.99. I think it was BAMWOWHOWDIDIMISSTHATDUCK.COM.:xhuh: seen a few bigger dux sat. next week we'll see more activity just when the teal season closes.

Comment

saw a few nice flocks of big ducks last weekend. Had some pinnies that really wanted to do it bad. Also saw another flock of pinnes that was at least 20 strong. Saw 1 flock of migrators bomb into the hole next to us, couldn't get a positive ID on them. Still praying for rain!
        President Bowfishers of Nebraska

Comment

More big ducks the last few days. Mostly boots and pins. But still not nearly the number of big ducks we had last year at this time. The number of Greenwings we have shot is well, well short of the percent we had and were shooting last year at this time.

Because of the conditions up N, Nebraska is going to have a shortened season. Birds, even early ones like gads and wigs, are going to hold an extra few weeks. Although I still think that they should open LPE the first weekend of October or earlier, the later start should actually make the opener better this year.

PO

Comment

Seems like a few years back it was always the first weekend in Oct. But lately its been the second weekend. Any reason for the switch lately?

Comment

The PPR of Saskatchwan and Manitoba have been having upper 80 degree weather for the better part of the last two weeks. The Dakotas and Montana have had the same, combine that with ample water in the Southern PPR and no hunting (at least not yet) and there is no reason for the birds to move down much.

According to the accuweather there is a change in the weather coming at the end of the month.
              Out-the-Window Outfitters.

Comment

"Mostly boots and pins"

I've heard a lot of slang, but I am a little lost on "boots"

Comment

Originally posted by SnipeHntr View Post
                  "Mostly boots and pins"

I've heard a lot of slang, but I am a little lost on "boots"
                  boots is short for bootlips wich is slang for shovelers.

Comment

Please tell me you are joking.

Comment

Originally posted by SnipeHntr View Post
                      Please tell me you are joking.
                      nope... you wanted to know!

Comment

Wow, I have heard spoonies, smilies, broadbills, platypus, hollywoods, sh!t pickers and many others, but that is a new one. I am not sure how one even arives at that name, but you are right, I did ask.

Comment

:vThinking:

Talked to a friend this morning fishing central South Dakota very few duck observed. Locals said mallards never left lake Oahe last winter . Global warming i guess
                          Just cuz you've got a brush dont make you a painter

Eighty percent of success is showing up.

RECOVERING NICOTINE ADDICT SINCE April 6th 2008

Comment

Originally posted by nebgoosehunter View Post
                            Seems like a few years back it was always the first weekend in Oct. But lately its been the second weekend. Any reason for the switch lately?
                            Something like 60-70% of the hunters surveyed a few years ago voted for a LATER season in LPE, as well as every other zone. One of the biggest mistakes. People don't realize that the chances of shooting ducks in late December in the basins is slim to none, even on warm or big water.

Consequently, this basically takes 2 weeks away from the basin season. Sounds like we are stuck with it for a while. Even though at EVERY hearing they hold, they get a good group of guys to stand up and say "moving LPE back is a dumbsh!t move." They cite the survey everytime.

PO

Comment

I totally agree with you Patrick, I think the later start will shorten the season, especially if you hunt the basins. We will have to wait and see...
                              The worst day of hunting and fishing is better than the best day of work.

Comment

Working...
                              X