Ia ne hunting agreement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Patrick Olson View Post
    WOW! Thank god I live in Nebraska instead of Iowa. Spent all afternoon scouting the MO river corridor from Sodak to Missouri in Iowa. Bird numbers are low. Even the shot out basins look like a gold mine compared to what I saw today. Granted, it is early. But even teal numbers are tiny. For how much pressure it sounds like Iowa gets on opening day, ouch.

I can bet one thing; you won't catch me buying an Iowa permit or hunting the border waters this weekend.

PO
    Originally posted by gooseh8r View Post
    So what did you do, drive down the interstate? :pandl:

There is a awful lot of oxbows in the stretch of the Mo that you just described. It would take a full week to scout that much and even then you would be pushing it, some areas you can only get there by boat from the Mo.

I hear you patrick, a couple weeks ago I drove from Blair to Riverton and back on 4 different days and Hardly saw a bird, I know gooseh8r I wasn't really out scouting for birds but usually you'll see something on all the little ponds along that stretch of interstate or around riverton. I think I may have only seen 2 or 3 teal at the duck club where we were working on those days, Oh well I'm just patiently waiting for LPE to open so I can kill the 50 or so Blue wings that are hanging out on our slough :rock:

Comment

Did anybody make it out today, for either IA or NE? From the duck numbers reports I was a bit nervous, but there were plenty of birds where I went. I spent 4 hours of waiting for 15 minutes of hunting! I love opening day! The teal worked perfectly, (the big boys not so much). Managed two doubles too! (Usually I empty the gun and watch them all fly away! :sad: ) Much to my surprise there weren't many other people out! Of course the few that were had to set up right behind me. :wscared:

Even though I was hunting alone I still managed some action shots!

A fairy tale starts out "once upon a time", a fisherman's story starts out "this ain't no bull****".
      ~Captain Phil Harris

If I could not hunt, the only thing that would be left I guess would be to die. ~ Phil Robertson

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor_Joe_26 View Post
        Did anybody make it out today, for either IA or NE? From the duck numbers reports I was a bit nervous, but there were plenty of birds where I went. I spent 4 hours of waiting for 15 minutes of hunting! I love opening day! The teal worked perfectly, (the big boys not so much). Managed two doubles too! (Usually I empty the gun and watch them all fly away! :sad: ) Much to my surprise there weren't many other people out! Of course the few that were had to set up right behind me. :wscared:

Even though I was hunting alone I still managed some action shots!

Did you make it out to the new NE properties or did you have an IA permit?

PO

Comment

I used my Iowa tag for these. I didn't want to mess with the IA/NE public spots on opening day. :Beer:
          A fairy tale starts out "once upon a time", a fisherman's story starts out "this ain't no bull****".
          ~Captain Phil Harris

If I could not hunt, the only thing that would be left I guess would be to die. ~ Phil Robertson

Comment

Nice batch of teal

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor_Joe_26 View Post
              I used my Iowa tag for these. I didn't want to mess with the IA/NE public spots on opening day. :Beer:
              There will be many tickets issued this year over this deal. It's only for the properties on the list and some of these have NE/IA borders that run through them. Different season dates, limits, flyways, ect.

It will be interesting to see if this pans out. I'd just go buy an Iowa license if you wanna hunt over there. Lots of good stuff that is not in the agreement.

Comment

Working...
              X