Grouse Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grouse Season

Anybody headed out tommorow? I am headed west in about an hour.

I plan on it, even have Eastern unit tags, but don't have access to the land I used to. I may try some public land South central Sat or Sun

Comment

Shpuld be fun tomorrow. my Dad and I both have east ubit tags and hsould be putting them to good use.

Comment

Eastern Unit, hopefully meeting some new forum friends early on Sunday. It should be fun!
        That fish was on that fly, faster than Oprah on a sweet roll! Tim Hebbard
        I'm not part of a redneck agenda. Green Day

Comment

eastern unit if the roads are not to muddy
          Just cuz you've got a brush dont make you a painter

Eighty percent of success is showing up.

RECOVERING NICOTINE ADDICT SINCE April 6th 2008

Comment

eastern unit if the roads are not to muddy
            It's just a little longer walk. M_vsunny:

Alex
            They have cometh

Comment

Looks like Johnson county is receiving a ton of rain tonight.... Just talked to my inlaws and they have right about 2" already just south of Tecumseh... MMR's will be muddy for sure in the a.m.

Layne

Comment

SAY IT AINT SO :vtiered:
                Just cuz you've got a brush dont make you a painter

Eighty percent of success is showing up.

RECOVERING NICOTINE ADDICT SINCE April 6th 2008

Comment

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!
                  That fish was on that fly, faster than Oprah on a sweet roll! Tim Hebbard
                  I'm not part of a redneck agenda. Green Day

Comment

Yesterday I went out to an area where I had seen a nice flock. The Griz and I stepped out of the truck at 7:45. The grass was super dewy so figured they would be up on top of the hills where they could stay dryer. They were right where I expected. The first bird jumped and I dropped it. When Griz went for the retrieve, 4 more got up but were too close over the dog for a shot. Walked up and two more jumped. The first went away and I rolled it. The second broke right and I rolled it too. 3 shots - 3 grouse down. Nice retrieves including a 40 yard blind to start the year right. Griz wasn't happy when we were back to the truck by 8:10, but I was pleased to say the least!:2thumbsup:

Comment

nice work WAHUSKER on the good shootin. i haven't been that lucky with my shooting but hopefully by the end of the season i get close to quality shots like that.

Comment

Had a good weekend out west. 9 guys got 37 birds in two days. 4 of us actually limited both days.

Comment

Working...
                        X