Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We finally get to play Bows & Arrows - Everything is right with the World Again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We finally get to play Bows & Arrows - Everything is right with the World Again.

It looks like I might actually get to go hunting more than once this year.

I've been on ebay and rounded up some of my favorite Broadheads.

All they need is a little sharpening, and deer that will hold still.

I went out in the yard tonight to see how the Ol' Longbow felt.

I'll be honest, she felt sweet.

For some reason I have the ability to relax and focus at the same time this year.

The arrows give me the slightest hop off the rest, then disappear downrange ,straight and true like little tracers. Silent and smooth, I love it.

37 yds is the most I can safely get out of my present practice situation.

After a warm up groups, here's the "Serious Huntin Group" back at the 37yd mark. I think I'm ready to go.

What kind of last minute preparations are you going through?

Share your set ups, and preparations.

It helps all of us make it through these last two weeks.

:zBowHunting: :Beer:
    Last edited by shb; 09-16-2009, 06:25 PM.
    Peace and Love

I too am all set up and ready to go!

I shoot a Martin Pantera...

With Carbon Express "Maxima Hunter" shafts

With G5 MONTEC Heads

I've been day dreaming about bow hunting virtually everyday when I'm not with customers!

I can't wait!
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over!

Comment

Set up and ready to go too.

Shootin a Hoyt 38 Ultra, with Beaman Carbon Hunter arrows tipped with G5 Montecs.
      Is it duck season yet?

"Look, a pair of singles!"

Comment

Shoot a PSE Carrera compound with Carbon Express Maxima shafts and NAP Hellrazor broadheads.

I shoot about every other day in the back yard. Had the cams out about a month. Ground blind and stands have been out that long as well.

Im ready to rock!

Comment

Yeah! More pics of the minutiae of our sport please!

Those Montecs's and HellRazors are great looking heads. If I wasn't so cheap I'd probably use those myself.

ADV1 those are cool looking fletches. Did you buy them that way, or are they "Sharpie" enhanced?
          Peace and Love

Comment

Sorry man, wish I could say that was my bow but it's not... I'm in a hotel room with my work computer so I don't have any personal pics available. I had to find that on the net. It is very close though...

As for the fletches I've seen them available at different archery shops. If you want some like that I'd check with Full Draw Archery in Omaha.
            "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over!

Comment

I've been pulling my hair out for the last 3 weeks trying to figure out why my bow won't group or shoot straight. All I did was change the fletching and everything went to hell. After many adjustments and changes I finally got it dialed in. A quick check of my camo and I'll be ready.

Comment

I am ready as well. Just pulled the cards from the cameras and I am pumped!! Here are a few pics. I had over 350 pics in 3 weeks I posted only a few up. The last one isn't a shooter but it's a neat picture. Good luck everyone I can't wait!

Fall Harvest:
                2 Whitetails
                1 Turkey
                1 Elk
                1 Antelope

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.” Without our Second Amendment rights, all of our other rights aren’t inalienable, they’re just “on loan” from the government"

Comment

Oh yeah, I forgot.....I am dialed in I have been shooting and feel pretty good about it...:aawhistling:
                  Fall Harvest:
                  2 Whitetails
                  1 Turkey
                  1 Elk
                  1 Antelope

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.” Without our Second Amendment rights, all of our other rights aren’t inalienable, they’re just “on loan” from the government"

Comment

Originally posted by quackwacker View Post

I really like this pic!!
                    *-Even a fish could stay out of trouble if it learned to shut its mouth-*

Comment

Originally posted by shb View Post
                      Those HellRazors are great looking heads.

Last year I was told to use Muzzy 3 or 4 blades. I wasnt happy with them. Actually had one blade break off and most the others had pieces of the blades chipped off after passing thru a deer.

The Hellrazors are one piece and straight out the package they are so sharp they can shave your arm. Plus being made out of one piece of metal ill be that they can probably shoot more than one deer.

Comment

I don't start till about oct 1, seems like it is a little later every year. Really hunt hard at the end of oct/begining of nov.
                        Everybody has something to hide, except for me and my monkey.

Comment

shb, i like your traditional setup. i started traditional and still have a recurve ready to go. i'll be hunting my 'old reliable' PSE BRUIN. i switched from G5 montecs last year to Muzzy Phantoms and smoked both my deer. I will be hunting the Phantom again this year for sure.
                          "I have the impression the American sportsman is puzzled; he doesn't understand what is happening to him. Bigger and better gadgets are good for industry so why not outdoor recreation? It has not dawned on him that outdoor recreations are essentially primitive, atavistic; that their value is a contrast value; that excessive mechanization destroys contrasts by moving the factory to the woods or to the marsh." -Aldo Leopold

Comment

I can hardly sleep any longer. Everyone around me (except those who hunt) are getting very tired of me talking about it all the time.
                            Got my stands up, bow dialed in, and camo all ready to go!
                            Diamond Triumph, Magnus Snuffer SS broadheads, and Cabela's Stalker Extreme arrows w/Blazers.
                            Good luck to everyone this season. :eusa_pray:

Comment

Really I don't think you can go wrong with any of our modern equipment.

There might be a slight problem here or there, but not enough to make a statistical difference.

Think how tickled the generations before us would have been with the stuff we have now.

We even have internet advice sources to eliminate 90% of the trial and error the bowhunters went through just 10 or 15 years ago.

And, if i was quakwacker I would be in worse shape than a 7yr old on Christmas Eve. I'm going to have to get off my butt and invest in some scoutguard cameras.
                              Peace and Love

Comment

Working...
                              X