Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NGPC Hunting Release: Special youth hunts set for Oct. 19-20 at 14 wildlife management areas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fish On View Post

I guess what I would like to see is a slight rule change. Allow for the kid to have a 3 bird limit, 2 of which the kid must shoot. Still allowing the mentor to take 1 bird towards the kids limit.
    Great job! With proper documentation, you can already give that 3rd bird to the youth. Thanks for taking G out and getting him hooked on hunting!

Comment

Yeah, I know I could have shot one to give to him. I would have preferred if he would have been able to get a 3 bird limit of his own though. He was plenty capable. Now if he was really struggling I'd like to see the mentor be able to help with his 3 bird limit.
      When you have the option, please buy American made. If it does not save your job, it might save mine.

Comment

I think it's crazy people can catch/net recently released birds. Maybe the release needs to be staggered so there are more spread out opportunities for youth. If I understand it correctly, I would have to have a hunting license and habitat stamp in order to hunt with one of my kids on the youth hunt. Would I be permitted to take a net and catch them that way without a hunting license and habitat stamp??

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff4mc View Post
          I think it's crazy people can catch/net recently released birds. Maybe the release needs to be staggered so there are more spread out opportunities for youth. If I understand it correctly, I would have to have a hunting license and habitat stamp in order to hunt with one of my kids on the youth hunt. Would I be permitted to take a net and catch them that way without a hunting license and habitat stamp??
          Legally they can't. They should have been called in.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff4mc View Post
            kinda hard to stagger it out when youth is only open for one weekend.

They have cometh

Comment

Originally posted by Alex T. View Post
              kinda hard to stagger it out when youth is only open for one weekend.
              Could be changed though. Maybe like early teal season, 3 weekends with the 2 weeks in between. Just throwing out ideas...

Comment

Originally posted by scotcl View Post

Legally they can't. They should have been called in.
                I agree they should be called in. I didn't know if since they were pen raised birds that were released and not "wild" birds they would require the same method of harvest. Are they banded or marked in any way to confirm they are a pen raised versus wild bird? Regardless of legality, I would think a conversation with a conservation officer or county sheriff along the lines of what in the hell do you think your doing netting birds that have been released for kids to hunt that maybe get out once a year, would have an impact on any normally responsible adult.

Comment

Can Anyone tell me if there is a hotel in Stratton Ne

Comment

Working...
                  X