Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Orthopedic Vet recommendations in the Omaha/Lincoln area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orthopedic Vet recommendations in the Omaha/Lincoln area?

I've got an 8 year old Brittany that my local animal vet can't diagnose without going in for MRI or exploratory. However, everything I research and reports back from other hunting dog forums lead me to https://www.acvs.org/small-animal/in...le-contracture.

The short of the long story is that about 3 years ago, she acquired a limp after a long hunting weekend. Took her in and our vet gave me an anti-inflamatory. Seemed to work and didn't think much of it as it was nearing the end of the season. The next year, it came back. Took her into an acupuncture vet in Lincoln and seemed to work, but then after about 3 weeks of holding her out of hunting, it came back after a light weekend hunt. Last year, I would just hunt her one day a week...give her the anti-inflamatory meds and joint supplements and let her recuperate. Now, I took her out this weekend for a leisurely dove hunt and now her other shoulder is acting up. I read where that may happen as her body is compensating by use of the non-lame leg more.

So, my question is does anyone have any experience with this and/or have any Ortho Vet surgeon recommendations in the Omaha/Lincoln area?

Catfishsteve ?
    Report Fish/Game Violations:
    1-800-742-SNAP (7627)

Comment

I can do some checking
      Become the change in the world that you seek.

Comment

Glucosamine works wonders for our Aussie. Just get a name brand

Comment

Originally posted by deerdown View Post
          Glucosamine works wonders for our Aussie. Just get a name brand
          She already gets Nutramax Dasuquin daily. Doesn't help with the presumed muscle damage if she, in fact, is suffering from the link provided above.

Worse comes to worse, she gets retired and I find another pup in the spring. That will sure piss her off though when she sees me leave with a gun, her sister and another dog.

Comment

• Harold
            Harold commented
            Editing a comment
        Working...
        X