No announcement yet.

NE Bull Elk Hunt - Please Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question: NE Bull Elk Hunt - Please Help!

I drew a bull tag for the 2019 season and have been looking for a place to hunt since I was drawn. I've called at least 15 landowners and everyone is full. Does anyone know of a landowner or ground available to hunt bull elk in the North Platte River unit? I'm getting nervous and don't want to miss out on this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity!

Thank you!

You might also try asking in the Western Nebraska Big Game Hunting group on Facebook.

Comment

https://lashleyland.com/nebraska-pro...prairie-swamp/
      call Steve his numbers here. You might have to get out your checkbook.

Comment

Originally posted by BrittneyParr View Post
        I drew a bull tag for the 2019 season and have been looking for a place to hunt since I was drawn. I've called at least 15 landowners and everyone is full. Does anyone know of a landowner or ground available to hunt bull elk in the North Platte River unit? I'm getting nervous and don't want to miss out on this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity!

Thank you!
        The permit is only once in a lifetime if you actually kill a bull. If you're unsuccessful you can start applying again for the permit in 5 years. So you can at least take solace in that. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by H. R. Pearson View Post

The permit is only once in a lifetime if you actually kill a bull. If you're unsuccessful you can start applying again for the permit in 5 years. So you can at least take solace in that. Good luck.
          This is on page 9 of the big game guide under the heading "How many permits may I have".

Comment

Heartland Pride outfitters in Scottsbluff is who I shot my bull with last year. Great group of guys. Tell them Jake Melby sent you. Cody Kuck is who you'll need to call.
            Last edited by Forum Moderators; 08-26-2019, 09:55 AM. Reason: No phone numbers allowed in posts.

Comment

I have heard that some of those landowners will allow another person on once the current hunter is done. I've never drawn so just going off rumors. It may be worth getting on their short list of numbers to call once their hunter fills. Plenty of good bulls in that unit so taking seconds shouldn't be a big deal.

Comment

Check public land in the area and do some scouting. It can be done.

Comment

You'll want to get out there and actually shake hands with landowners, that will give you the best chance for getting access. Most will charge a trespass fee so expect that. It can also be done on public land. Send me a PM and we can talk, my girlfriend pulled a cow tag in that unit.

Comment

Congratulations on the tag, have a great time.

Call the CO for the area, call the local elevators, call the county sheriffs, call the postman.

Make all the calls that you want; but shaking hands, face to face is the most effective way to get information.

Comment

Working...
                    X