Super Tags?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super Tags?

Maybe I’m missing something, but I can’t find any info on this year’s drawing. I see in years past there was usually a release mid July with the winners announced. Nothing shows up under the draw results tab on my account either. Not really holding out much hope I’m the lucky NR elk hunter this year, but found it odd we’re closing in on September and there’s nothing out there about the drawing, that I can find anyway. Anyone have any info?

I just looked at my profile on G&P and it says denied. I haven’t seen any info either.
    Last edited by Done; 08-24-2019, 12:30 PM.
    "The finest gift you can give to any fisherman is to put a good fish back, and who knows if the fish that you caught isn't someone else's gift to you?" ~ Lee Wulff

Comment

They sent me an email awhile back informing me I didn’t draw. Just recently got the email for the bighorn drawing telling me I didn’t draw.
      So check your email.

Comment

I was under the impression they would not draw for the sheep tag until on Aug 28th …… as stated on page 39 of the big game guide. However I checked my son's profile page and it said he was denied in the 2019 bighorn Drawing. Guess next year is the year he'll win !!!

Comment

Thanks guys. Couldn’t find any trace of an email, so I double checked my profile and they didn’t have one on file. Part of my issue I’m sure. However, the entries show up under my profile, and still nothing under the ‘Status’ column as far as results.

Comment

We aren't able to release the names of successful applicants or hunters due to a state statute regarding the disclosure of firearm ownership. We sent emails to unsuccessful applicants and decided against sending a press release that basically read "These drawings have happened, if you didn't hear that you won, you didn't."

The sheep drawing was held Friday and the winner was notified.

As noted, one of the big issues is email addresses being correct or up to date. This helps us get this info out as well as send out surveys like our turkey harvest, etc. If you aren't seeing these emails, check your profile to make sure it's updated.
            Luke Meduna | Big Game Program Manager
            Nebraska Game and Parks Commission

Comment

• H. R. Pearson
              H. R. Pearson commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for the update!

Originally posted by spdgoat View Post
            We aren't able to release the names of successful applicants or hunters due to a state statute regarding the disclosure of firearm ownership. We sent emails to unsuccessful applicants and decided against sending a press release that basically read "These drawings have happened, if you didn't hear that you won, you didn't."

The sheep drawing was held Friday and the winner was notified.

As noted, one of the big issues is email addresses being correct or up to date. This helps us get this info out as well as send out surveys like our turkey harvest, etc. If you aren't seeing these emails, check your profile to make sure it's updated.
            That must be a new statute instituted this year, as previous years winners had been announced and easily found on a Google search. Very telling of our society about how far people will go to try to get at legal gun owners, whether it be criminals or our own government. I apologize for taking this thread a little bit too far off course.

Comment

Originally posted by H. R. Pearson View Post

That must be a new statute instituted this year, as previous years winners had been announced and easily found on a Google search. Very telling of our society about how far people will go to try to get at legal gun owners, whether it be criminals or our own government. I apologize for taking this thread a little bit too far off course.
              I believe it was passed a couple years back. Applying it to permit holders is a cautious application of a proactive pro2A rule.

It actually began with one of the Supertag winners not wanting their name released, we discussed and questioned whether we should be should be releasing these winners names, so we erred on the side of not releasing any of them. We had applied this to other firearm permits in the past, but not these lottery permits.
              Luke Meduna | Big Game Program Manager
              Nebraska Game and Parks Commission

Comment

Perhaps for the sake of publicity, it needs to be a requirement that if you win the tag, your name and pictures will be used to generate more interest and revenue.

Very few winners would complain about that, if they knew ahead of time, that it is a condition of receiving the permits. If they do complain, give it to the next person in line.

400+ inch elk are able to generate a BUNCH of interest if shown and publicized through the proper channels.

Comment

Originally posted by Luv2Decoy View Post
                  Perhaps for the sake of publicity, it needs to be a requirement that if you win the tag, your name and pictures will be used to generate more interest and revenue.

Very few winners would complain about that, if they knew ahead of time, that it is a condition of receiving the permits. If they do complain, give it to the next person in line.

400+ inch elk are able to generate a BUNCH of interest if shown and publicized through the proper channels.
                  It’s nobody’s business who wins. In our internet/viral world people are willing to go to any extreme to ruin your life and will do so if they feel you do not hold their same view or values. We as hunters are under attack at every turn these day. If the person wants to remain anonymous so be it! Would you like it if they published what deer tags you have, if you were successful and where you hunt along with your name and other possibly personal information? Probably not. Ask the dentist who shot Cecill the lion in Africa how that works out.

Comment

I completely disagree that it is not my "business" who wins. I buy a ticket I expect more than a... you didn't win. Being open with information minimizes rumors of the raffle being rigged or other nonsense that we all hear.

I for one, have no issue with having my laundry aired in public. Goes right along with the way I was raised, parents would often remind me; don't do anything that you don't want us to see in the paper tomorrow morning.

To prove that I am not shy about my shortcomings being public. I miss pheasants on a regular basis and there are days when I get skunked while fishing.

Comment

You parents should have also taught you to respect others privacy as well, we’ll agree to dissagree on what you feel is or isn’t your business.

Comment

Perhaps a compromise would be to include some follow up from a staffer or from the Nebraskaland magazine to focus on the results. In the era of cell phone photos they could be sent with minimal fuss and be more fun as publicity than a list of winners who haven’t done anything yet. In my mind it would be optional but likely to get enough material for that goal while respecting privacy where desired.

Comment

Working...
                        X