USACE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USACE

Got my copy of the 2019-2020 Public Land Atlas. I noticed several of the Missouri River WMA's in southeast Nebraska are now listed as USACE lands instead. I dont think that changes much as far as regulations and hunting there but was curious.....

A. Was that due to this springs flooding?
    B. Is that so the Corps of Engineers can control those areas more as far as building the dikes up and things of that nature?
    C. Am i missing something as far as hunting access goes?

Thanks for any input guys!

Interesting! I suspect the answer is yes to your questions.

“They” have a lot of repairs to do. There is still a ton of water in places that are normally dry. Some areas have as much water as there was right after the river started to recede. A lot of trapped water and high water tables. It’s a mess.
    NEFGA on Amazon Smile

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Sounds like some extra duck huntin spots to me

Comment

Perhaps a call to G&P is in order, any questions are best answered by them not here on a forum with multiple opinions rather than solid answers. G&P responses for me are always fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Lenny View Post
          Perhaps a call to G&P is in order, any questions are best answered by them not here on a forum with multiple opinions rather than solid answers. G&P responses for me are always fast.
          And then report your findings on here!

H
          (Completed it for you, Lenny!)
          Report Fish/Game Violations:
          1-800-742-SNAP (7627)

Comment

• Lenny
            Lenny commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks!

In my job, I have interactions with the USACE quite regularly. One thing which came out in a call they were on Tuesday was they are going to keep releases high out of Gavin’s Point all fall and probably into winter. They need to evacuate water to be within their master plan for storage before spring. They have said that with as wet as it has been in South Dakota too, it is adding to the storage at a time of year it is usually declining. Lots of water yet to go down the MO

Comment

Working...
          X