No announcement yet.

2019 NC boys heading west

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I personally like the idea less apt to get pushed around by the wind and if he gets attacked by one of those rarely seen Nebraska wooly mammoths he'll be ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Babe Winkleworm View Post
      I personally like the idea less apt to get pushed around by the wind and if he gets attacked by one of those rarely seen Nebraska wooly mammoths he'll be ok.
      Does that tag cover Woolley Mammoth? 🤫

Comment

This maybe a dumb question but I have to ask.

What are the circular green fields I'm seeing on the maps? Crops? Grass for hay? Will they still be in the ground late Sept?

Also, do deer use the water troughs I see on the maps? Do they steer clear of the cows? I'm assuming that is what is in the fences.

I'm getting pumped. Groups at 50 starting to tighten. Pics coming tomorrow

Comment

• Lenny
          Lenny commented
          Editing a comment
          Irrigation center pivots for crops

Yes yes yes yes and yes.

Comment

Our deer season starts Saturday hurricane depending. A few small bucks on cam in the mountains. My shooting has been ok. I hunt from the ground in a ghillie so I started practicing shooting drilled at 50 in my woods. Getting ready.

Comment

Small NC mnt buck

Comment

Opening evening NC. Just south of blue ridge parkway. Hot. Acorns. No deer

Comment

Do I need to bring my thermocell?

Comment

• Lenny
                  Lenny commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Definitely

Re: Thermacell

I would, no matter what just so I could have it just in case. if you're planning on doing any stand or ground blind hunting it would probably be a good idea to have it with you.

Comment

West Nile Virus detected less than a month ago where you'll be hunting. When you think you have enuf bug juice, double it.

Comment

Well boys only a few more days. I'm so excited. Looks like some cooler weather next week. We leave North Carolina Friday morning try to burn the miles up and be there Saturday morning or noonish.

Comment

We made it. Hunting around imperial. We went out to some of the ofw and glassed most of the day. No mule deer yet. Heading out to ride and look over some land this evening and hopefully see some.

Comment

How is the hunt going?

Comment

Originally posted by NECoyoteHunter View Post
                          How is the hunt going?
                          Well. The first day was some shock the land is way different. The deer use the land different. Mule deer look different. It was hot.
                          I shot a doe 45 yards.

Put a little stalk on her. Went around the canyon dropped down on top of her. She was spooky. Right above her was a coyote. He spooked when he saw me she stopped. I was drawn back and was aiming. Hinge went off sent an arrow through the back of the ribs took 2 ribs out double lung and stopped on the opposite shoulder.

She was quartering hard away from me. No gut shot. Ran 35 yards fell backwards.

Now my buddy is up.

Thanks for all the help on this site. I appreciate it.

Comment

It was day three by the way

Comment

Working...
                            X