Waterfowl Trailer Ideas/Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question: Waterfowl Trailer Ideas/Suggestions

We finally decided to add an enclosed trailer this year. Curious if you guys have any suggestions for set-up or things you've learned along the way? Also, if you have any recommendations for someone who has experience wiring lights/batteries/etc on the inside- I would greatly appreciate it!! Thanks in advance!
    2014/15 Hunt Total: 141 Doves, 72 Ducks, 38 Canada Geese, 10 Snow Geese.

I used to organize my decoys on shelves and such but it was too much work. Now I pile the bigfoots in the back and the ffd's in bags in front of them. Saves a lot of time not worrying about organizing too much. Usually you can run interior lights off a switch hooked into your taillights or running lights. But i've also hooked LED's up to a deep cycle so you only have to charge it every once in awhile.

Comment

A couple shelves in the front is nice to have for mojos and cases of shells and other odds and ins. Other than that, throw the decoys in a pile. Wire your lights into the trailer plug, lots of trailers will come that way from the factory already

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2056.jpg Views:	0 Size:	145.7 KB ID:	1236349
        Not a very good pic of the LED lighting but that is 1 of 3 20ft trailers.

2 carry nothing but decoys.

We have hooks lining the sides of the trailers front to back at the top which hold Texas Rigs to which we only hang older (filler) decoys on now. The bouncing was causing a lot of scratching on the new decoys.

The 3rd trailer is loaded with A frame blinds, cases upon cases of black cloud, inverter to run 110volt, couple solar panels to keep batteries up and inverter going, mini fridge (cos everyone works up an appetite) decoy boats, heaters, cookers, waders, clothes, decoy accessories (batteries, steaks etc) boot dryer and a couple Ranger xp's depending on where we are gonna hunt.

Highly discourage throwing your decoys in a pile brand new decoys in 1 season will look like a 15 yr old faded Big Foot. Birds aren't dumb especially later in the season. Sure you will still fool some but they are your decoys do as you please. We like bags for all full bodies, shells an sillos. keeps them from getting scratched and saves on setting up/picking up time.

Comment

Originally posted by crappie_eyes View Post
          Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_2056.jpg Views:	0 Size:	145.7 KB ID:	1236349
          Not a very good pic of the LED lighting but that is 1 of 3 20ft trailers.

2 carry nothing but decoys.
          Is that one of the two trailers full of nothing but decoys?

Comment

Yep. Was on a sand pit next to the river last day of duck season, Geese were moving through. Left most of the decoys out except for ducks. They were getting put away for the year. Cousin had all the geese in the back of his ranger on a little lawn mower trailer so we laid them out for a quick pic

Comment

Two shelves in the front for mojos and miscellaneous. I run three bigass carabiners on both sides, nice decoys are bagged and hang. Panel blinds are folded and sandwiched between those bags and the wall. I ran 8-10 conduit bars horizontal across the top and created a "shelf" with a two foot gap to the roof and that works for layouts and/or my kayak. The rest of the decoys can be tossed in the middle, bags as needed.

Comment

Working...
              X