Gifford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gifford

Has anyone received notification if they got drawn for access to gifford point yet? Just wondering as i entered and am curious if i would have known by now.

Pretty sure there will be no drawing. Guessing like 70-80 people applied. I was number 63 on July 23rd the NGPC lady said. We should be getting our info soon, it was August 13th for me last year. She said they are working to get access ready, sounds like the flood really messed the road up.

Comment

With the Flooding this year the deer hunting down there probably won’t be worth 2 cents. I imagine it’s gonna be a big mud flat. I’m guessing some of it is still under water.

Comment

It may not be worth much. But access to more public ground still helps. I agree the flooding probably waxed it but maybe they will start coming out of the hills and wander down to get into the riverbank treeline. Who knows, but since i onky hunt public any bit of land helps

Comment

Got my email today. I applied with like 2 days left so I’m betting there was no draw.

Comment

Honestly you’d probably be suprised at what you find. I almost put in just to see what the place looks like now. Your best bet is to be there this season to at least scout and observe any new challenges and changes in patterns and behaviors. The best hunters adapt with the environmental changes just like the animals. If you are not at least on the ground looking for sign or clues you may as well just not bother. Give it a go sounds like there will be some of the lowest pressure that place has seen in a generation!

Comment

The day the water went down pass the railroad tracks there were deer tracks everywhere in the mud, and the deer tracks followed as the water went down further. A week ago there was flooded ground north of eagle trail but didn't look to extend north very far. I think its a small track of fontenelle forest ground and the lowest ground in the area.

Comment

Contacted G&P this morning, more than 200 applications were received.

Comment

Originally posted by Lenny View Post
                  Contacted G&P this morning, more than 200 applications were received.
                  Wow. Was hoping for less people...

Got my email today.

Comment

Originally posted by OGCollard View Post
                    Has anyone received notification if they got drawn for access to gifford point yet? Just wondering as i entered and am curious if i would have known by now.
                    Yes I have, received it yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Flash04jv View Post

Wow. Was hoping for less people...

Got my email today.
                      There is always more applicants than spots allotted. Even when they allowed 300 passes there were upwards of 50 to 100 on a waiting list when other hunters filled their tag(s).

So don't get your hopes up that you'll be relatively alone there.

Comment

Yea being located so close to home for many hunters their will always be plenty to fill the spaces most likely.

Comment

229 applicants... I'm one of the 29 left out.

Comment

Working...
                          X