Diy mule deer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diy mule deer

Hi everyone new on here. I am planning on taking my 2 sons diy mule deer bow hunting in western Nebraska and I am looking for some advice as to locations and tips. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

Do not silhouette yourself on peaks and ridges, their eyes are incredible. Get a Heads Up doe decoy. Wear light colored open country camo patterns. Typical camo sticks out as a dark blob. A doe in estrous can works good during the rut. I’ve only hunted the Pine Ridge area, but the population has taken a hit there.
    "The finest gift you can give to any fisherman is to put a good fish back, and who knows if the fish that you caught isn't someone else's gift to you?" ~ Lee Wulff

Comment

Solid advice Done. Seth, do a search of past threads on this subject. There are a pile of them from people asking for advice on their first post and then they never show back up to contribute. Spend time here getting to know some people. Contribute and you may be surprised at the help you end up receiving.

Comment

Wyohunter thanks for advice I'm looking forward to building some good relationships on here. Outdoors men have to help each other out it's a brotherhood just like my fire and rescue brotherhood.

Comment

thanks Done I've done a lot of whitetail hunting looking forward to new adventure

Comment

It's too bad some new guys pissed off people and made it more difficult for us new guys. I just found out about this place and I hope it's as fun and cool and helpful as I think it will be

Comment

This is some of the public land available around Scottsbluff, NE. www.nebwild.org/projects/

Comment

Originally posted by Sethknoke View Post
                It's too bad some new guys pissed off people and made it more difficult for us new guys. I just found out about this place and I hope it's as fun and cool and helpful as I think it will be
                This community generally is pretty helpful. I don't know much about mule deer hunting or I would help you out.
                I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. -Sam Redfern

Comment

The last few years we have seen a huge increase in nonresident hunters most of those are seeking mule deer. I think most guys will be hesitant to give their spots away since public is so limited. If you want tips on tactics, gear, weather, deer patterns ECT you might get some advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Sethknoke View Post
                    Welcome to the forum,Lot of folks here happy to share information and tips. Just some folks post once and expect a lot more than should be reasonably be expected. Thanks for your service as a first responder!
                    Keep it safe! JDL

Comment

• parker20
                      parker20 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The vast majority never

I'm looking real hard at wapiti wma anybody got anything I need to know about the area

Comment

It's good mule deer country. Ive never been there but have hunted fairly close. I have heard the access is bad when wet. Expect some company, get there first & hike farther. If you can't hike far with the kids, try getting to a good vantage spot way early & let others push deer to you.

Comment

Hey guys. I’m coming to Nebraska in September on a doe mule deer hunt with my bow. I’m backpacking it for about 3-4 days. Any tips on where to go? I was thinking cresent lake wildlife refugee but I don’t know if that’s a good spot or not.

Comment

There are plenty of links on this forum and many threads on this topic. Look em up.

Comment

These are great.
                            Attached Files
                            Don't Quote me, but....

Comment

Working...
                            X