Anyone use a tree saddle?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone use a tree saddle?

Thinking about getting into saddle hunting, wanted to check one out before I spend a bunch of money. If anyone has one I could take a look at I would really appreciate it.
    I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. -Sam Redfern

what is this tree saddle of which you speak, DD?
    Become the change in the world that you seek.

Comment

This should explain it.
      https://youtu.be/gVvWoOwX-bc

Comment

I like something a little more solid for long sits- not sure I would enjoy this but am curious to hear any opinions from those who have used one.

Comment

This thread has me thinking about trying something new!

One wrinkle: why not combine the two by using a portable stand AND arranging your harness so you can lean from the tree the way the saddle guys do. Best of both worlds.
          Got myself a new little hunting dawg! Now the work begins...

Comment

If thats what you are trying to do check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpfvT55ydnM

Comment

I use a DIY Sit Drag (I'm too cheap for the commercial ones...) You could take a look at it if you want, but I'm not sure how it'd compare to a Kestrel or Tethrd. The SD is pretty comfortable, you can shift around to more positions that you can with a standard stand and it's much more versatile than a lock on. My platform is a WE Stepp and plywood, I can put it almost anywhere. If you hunt the same tree over and over, then a permanent stand is the way to go, but if you hunt a bunch of different trees, then a saddle can't be beat.
              Luke Meduna | Big Game Program Manager
              Nebraska Game and Parks Commission

Comment

Wow.
                Become the change in the world that you seek.

Comment

The way that I hunt I would be surprised if I climb the same tree twice during the season. The real issue I'm having right now is everyone is like six weeks out for shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by Catfishsteve View Post
                    Wow.
                    I'm not sure how to take this lol

Comment

interesting DD. if you go this route let us know. I am very curious now. for a 3 hour sit, i am wondering how comfortable it is

Comment

The people who use them swear they are very
                        comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by Deadhead Dave View Post
                          The way that I hunt I would be surprised if I climb the same tree twice during the season. The real issue I'm having right now is everyone is like six weeks out for shipping.
                          Yeah, and that's on the good end. They were far worse last fall. If you want to do it, get on the list now. If it doesn't work, the resale value is pretty good.

If you're hunting that way, they are the way to go. Get on the saddlehunter.com forum and read. Way more info there than any of us can provide.

They're perfectly comfortable, like hunting out of a hammock. Nearly infinitely adjustable, so if something is pinching, adjust until you're good. Did a few 5 hr sits last year, like anything, tired of sitting for that long. Not for everyone, but nothing ever is.
                          Luke Meduna | Big Game Program Manager
                          Nebraska Game and Parks Commission

Comment

Working...
                          X