Opening day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opening day

Anybody get out and get after any birds?

Some poachers did. When I was fishing at Olive Creek today, I heard two different shotguns go off on the property

" A brave man likes the feel of nature on his face, Jack." - Wang Chi

Comment

• Alex T.
      Alex T. commented
      Editing a comment
      And you saw them shoot at turkeys?

Negative. But I've heard gobbling in both areas. Do you honestly think a single shotgun blast was someone taking a crow?

" A brave man likes the feel of nature on his face, Jack." - Wang Chi

Comment

Gobbles and a single shotgun blast is pretty telling. They may have read opener and thought it was shotgun. Not an excuse but stuff like that happens. I know i accidentally read shotgun openner and went hunting just to find out it was youth shotgun only a couple seasons ago. Thank goodness i did not see any birds that day. Idiot move on my part for not knowing the proper dates.

Comment

Originally posted by Val Didrichsons View Post
        Negative. But I've heard gobbling in both areas. Do you honestly think a single shotgun blast was someone taking a crow?
        Crow season is over too, but unless you saw something you’re only jumping to conclusions, coyotes are always in season alot of people use shotguns and buckshot to shoot them too. Unless you have solid proof and called a game warden to get something done everything you say is nothing more than innuendo and speculation.

Comment

It seems road signs are always in season for some. Maybe someone shooting their gun to pattern it for turkey season ( which I'll be doing this weekend so don't call me in when I shoot a turkey target).
          They have cometh

Comment

Originally posted by OGCollard View Post
            Gobbles and a single shotgun blast is pretty telling. They may have read opener and thought it was shotgun. Not an excuse but stuff like that happens. I know i accidentally read shotgun openner and went hunting just to find out it was youth shotgun only a couple seasons ago. Thank goodness i did not see any birds that day. Idiot move on my part for not knowing the proper dates.
            LOL I remember that!
            Keep it safe! JDL

Comment

Really.....no one has gotten a turkey....I better get my butt out there and post something

Comment

Non-Resident buddy came out for the opening weekend and missed 2 yesterday.

There were some gobbles, but the birds were still in big flocks.

Comment

I was out saturday. Had a group of hens come out, a couple toms and a few jakes came out. They were more interested in chasing the smallest jake around and picking on him then paying attention to any decoys. Then a pack of coyotes came through and the turkeys went away for a bit. The hens came back out when the coyotes moved on but those boys did not want to leave the treeline. They musta figured they would let the hens get eaten instead. So no, no birds for me but it was a fun start to the season.

Comment

Working...
                  X