Built a blind with Stand Elevators

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Built a blind with Stand Elevators

Wife and I took last week off and went down to Oklahoma and built a new deer stand on our place. If you've ever considered using stand elevators they work great. Well worth the $80 I spent on them.

Looks good, what was you total cost for supplies?

Comment

Steel siding I got for free. I used 98% treated lumber so that significantly increased my costs. I estimated I currently have $750 in it. It would be over $1000 with the steel and plexiglass windows I’m going to put into it. Both those I got for free. Oh and I plan on painting the staircase and wood door. But I already have leftover paint for that.

You could certainly build it cheaper with less lumber, non treated frame, cheaper siding, ladder no staircase, etc....

Comment

Looks great, nice and cozy too. Been entertaining the idea fo a few years myself. Not going to drop that kind of money though. Nice job! I like it

Comment

Originally posted by Lenny View Post
          Looks great, nice and cozy too. Been entertaining the idea fo a few years myself. Not going to drop that kind of money though. Nice job! I like it
          I think you could probably build it for half my cost. $500. Just need to paint the whole thing to protect it.

Comment

Working...
          X