X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WyoHunter
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan Smith View Post
    Great job! Slightly crippled or non-breeders not in a hurry to make the trek north yet is my guess.
    Could be? Made my kid and my dog very happy though. They will be jerky in about 10 days

Leave a comment:

• Dan Smith
    replied
    Great job! Slightly crippled or non-breeders not in a hurry to make the trek north yet is my guess.

Leave a comment:

• WyoHunter
    replied
    There were 20-30 birds on the marsh. After he shot, they just flew to the other end. They are still here this morning- not sure why they aren't leaving. I'm guessing they would decoy pretty dang easy if anyone is dying to shoot one yet this season.

Leave a comment:

• WyoHunter
    replied
    I found a few stragglers left yesterday afternoon... Ran home and grabbed my son and his 20 gauge and didn't even bother having him change his clothes. We were able to sneak up pretty close April Snows!

Leave a comment:

• Dan Smith
    replied
    What Juvies???

Leave a comment:

• Luv2Decoy
    replied
    Stick a fork in it.

Spent an hour scouting on Saturday and didn't see a single flock. Was outside on Sunday for 4+ hours and heard one flock, couldn't locate them but could hear them. So I am certain that once the season in the west part of the state closes Friday, we will be covered up in massive grinds of juvies next weekend.

Leave a comment:

• nebgoosehunter
    replied
    Sounds like they are moving into North Dakota today. The mass is north of I-90 for sure.

Leave a comment:

• elkstalkr
    replied
    Never even got out this year!

From my understanding most the snow geese are in southern south Dakota and have been there for over a week now waiting for snow to melt! Sand Lake NWR has yet to see one goose. I predict another very bad hatch this year as the odds of those geese getting to the breeding grounds in time for a successful brood is decreasing rapidly.

Leave a comment:

• nebgoosehunter
    replied
    Any of you fellas still after the great white goose? I'm hoping to put a few more down in the morning and will probably try and hunt one last time next week for an April snow goose.

Leave a comment:

• WyoHunter
    replied
    There are reports coming in from Saskatchewan that they already have snow geese showing up. That was a super fast migration! There are still birds in South Dakota but it sounds like they are pushing North quickly.

Leave a comment:

• thunder140
    replied
    Originally posted by WyoHunter View Post

It is public in Seward county. Geese are all but gone. There are a few stragglers left but not really worth hunting imo. We are changing gears to turkey now. I have a brand new hunter I'm taking opening day. He just turned 9. I'm not sure who is more excited, me or the 9 year old!
    Thanks and good luck.

Leave a comment:

• WyoHunter
    replied
    Originally posted by riverrat86 View Post

Doubt you'll tell me where thats at but it looks public? Lol
    It is public in Seward county. Geese are all but gone. There are a few stragglers left but not really worth hunting imo. We are changing gears to turkey now. I have a brand new hunter I'm taking opening day. He just turned 9. I'm not sure who is more excited, me or the 9 year old!

Leave a comment:

• Sm ok ing quack
    replied
    I also hunted a small floater spread. Amazing how the geese totally blew past their traditional staging areas this year. Got these at 20 yards, also had 4 catch me snoozing and landed in the spread. Gun jammed when i jumped up. 200 flew over my house this morning which is 190 more than I saw yesterday while hunting.

Leave a comment:

• riverrat86
    replied
    Over a thousand snows so far flying over Bellevue.

Leave a comment:

• riverrat86
    replied
    Originally posted by WyoHunter View Post
    My son and I have been doing pretty good the last few days over a small group of floater decoys. I'm seeing big numbers moving North today- hoping we still have birds for the weekend. My son is 10 and just really getting addicted to waterfowl hunting. Last night he shot his first double on a group that came in- the first being the mature blue. Planning to get it mounted for him.

Doubt you'll tell me where thats at but it looks public? Lol

Leave a comment:

Working...
X