X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bwese
    started a topic NE 2019 rifle deer season dates

NE 2019 rifle deer season dates

Does anybody know when NEbraska GPC will make a decision on dates for NE's rifle deer season for 2019?

• popers-n-ropers
    replied
    No, you can only use the type of weapon for the season that is open.

Leave a comment:

• Blazing Barrels
    replied
    So I noticed that the season choice antlerless season runs Sept 15- Jan 15, does that mean I could rifle hunt on say Sept 18, right on the middle of archery season if I chose to?

Leave a comment:

• popers-n-ropers
    replied
    I'm thinking buck harvest numbers will be lower with the later season leaving more for the next year. We shall see...….

Leave a comment:

• Lenny
    commented on 's reply
    Why

• popers-n-ropers
    replied
    2020 season should be a good one!

Leave a comment:

• Lenny
    replied
    Yup, sure will, bowonly hunter will never be satisfied with any firearm season in November. It’s their birth right to hunt the rut solely and as gods gift to whitetail management they’ll be sure tell why!

Leave a comment:

• 10_point_buck
    replied
    Even though it is a week later than last year, it will still be the "Peak of the RUT !" right ?

Leave a comment:

• FISH4EYZ
    replied
    Its official now. Firearm season Nov 16-24.

Leave a comment:

• tjm
    replied
    Originally posted by Rotman View Post
    I think the meeting was today. Anyone hear the final deer rifle dates?
    Wait till the April meeting. http://magazine.outdoornebraska.gov/...commendations/

Leave a comment:

• Rotman
    replied
    I think the meeting was today. Anyone hear the final deer rifle dates?

Leave a comment:

• 10 90 J2
    replied
    I hadn't even looked at a calendar yet, so looks like maybe the 16-24th IF that formula holds true.

I hope all those deer are watching their calendars so they know when to rut, and the corn is paying extra attention so it knows when to be picked. Because our man-made dates are super important to nature! :D :D :D :D :D

Leave a comment:

• bwese
    replied
    "The opening day of the rifle season is the Saturday closest to the 13th. It's been like that for at least the last 20 years and has been bandied about on this forum several times over the years."

I hear you HR but things can change. If it truly is the policy of the NGPC then why wouldn't the very knowledgeable NGPC spokesperson I asked just tell me that. Hence my question.

I do appreciate everybody's replies and good luck to you archery only hunters for that "extra" week, You always have that week regardless of when rifle season starts. You just have to share it.

Leave a comment:

• H. R. Pearson
    commented on 's reply
    No.

• H. R. Pearson
    commented on 's reply
    And you and everyone else will still complain that you don't get the complete rut all to yourselves.

Why we need September and October open for archery is beyond me when the only good time to kill a buck is in that one week that firearms are allowed. At least according to the elitists.
Working...
X