NE 2019 rifle deer season dates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NE 2019 rifle deer season dates

Does anybody know when NEbraska GPC will make a decision on dates for NE's rifle deer season for 2019?

I think it is usually at the March meeting? http://outdoornebraska.gov/commissioners/ Meeting schedule and agendas at the bottom.

Unless they are proposing a major change, I would guess it would be the "Nine (9) consecutive days beginning the Saturday closest to November 13" the same formula they usually use.

Is there talk of a major change?

Comment

Week before thanksgiving week. It always is. I think it will be a little late this year because of it.

Comment

Saturday closest to the 13th probably be Nov 16 this year, week before thanksgiving

Comment

Thanks guys, I am just wanting something official as I have a couple vets coming from PA that need to make plans for time off, and they said they need to know. My wife would also like to know but her time constraints aren't as the vet's. I communicated with Bumpus a month and a half ago and he said soon but my definition of soon apparently is different than his. I thought maybe I missed a release.

I told them those dates tentatively. If there was something put out in the past that says what you state Lenny could you please point me to it. I haven't found it in my search.

Thanks

Comment

• H. R. Pearson
          H. R. Pearson commented
          Editing a comment
          The opening day of the rifle season is the Saturday closest to the 13th. It's been like that for at least the last 20 years and has been bandied about on this forum several times over the years.

In fact here is a thread from just this last November.

https://www.nefga.org/forum/fishing-...19-deer-season

Originally posted by 10 90 J2 View Post
        I think it is usually at the March meeting? http://outdoornebraska.gov/commissioners/ Meeting schedule and agendas at the bottom.

Unless they are proposing a major change, I would guess it would be the "Nine (9) consecutive days beginning the Saturday closest to November 13" the same formula they usually use.

Is there talk of a major change?
        The way the calendar falls this year, bow hunters will get an extra week to arrow their trophy in November prior to gun season.

Comment

• H. R. Pearson
          H. R. Pearson commented
          Editing a comment
          And you and everyone else will still complain that you don't get the complete rut all to yourselves.

Why we need September and October open for archery is beyond me when the only good time to kill a buck is in that one week that firearms are allowed. At least according to the elitists.

Originally posted by Bucksbybow View Post

The way the calendar falls this year, bow hunters will get an extra week to arrow their trophy in November prior to gun season.
        Won't matter. As previously discussed on this forum best time for the rut and deer movement is ALWAYS rifle season. Those lazy gun hunters kill'em all.

Comment

"The opening day of the rifle season is the Saturday closest to the 13th. It's been like that for at least the last 20 years and has been bandied about on this forum several times over the years."

I hear you HR but things can change. If it truly is the policy of the NGPC then why wouldn't the very knowledgeable NGPC spokesperson I asked just tell me that. Hence my question.

I do appreciate everybody's replies and good luck to you archery only hunters for that "extra" week, You always have that week regardless of when rifle season starts. You just have to share it.

Comment

I hadn't even looked at a calendar yet, so looks like maybe the 16-24th IF that formula holds true.

I hope all those deer are watching their calendars so they know when to rut, and the corn is paying extra attention so it knows when to be picked. Because our man-made dates are super important to nature! :D :D :D :D :D

Comment

I think the meeting was today. Anyone hear the final deer rifle dates?

Comment

Originally posted by Rotman View Post
                I think the meeting was today. Anyone hear the final deer rifle dates?
                Wait till the April meeting. http://magazine.outdoornebraska.gov/...commendations/

Comment

Its official now. Firearm season Nov 16-24.

Comment

Even though it is a week later than last year, it will still be the "Peak of the RUT !" right ?

Comment

Yup, sure will, bowonly hunter will never be satisfied with any firearm season in November. It’s their birth right to hunt the rut solely and as gods gift to whitetail management they’ll be sure tell why!

Comment

2020 season should be a good one!

Comment

• Lenny
                          Lenny commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Why
                      Working...
                      X