Big Red Outdoors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Red Outdoors

Has anyone had any experience with Big Red Outdoors? Or any info or reviews on them. I’m primarily a bow hunter who has freedom to hunt during the week. Thanks guys!

I can vouch for the owner as being an honest guy, I can't attest to the properties themselves. I know there are some nice deer taken every year. Not sure what their membership numbers are like.

Comment

If you have a bunch of guys who would split the lease cost with you, it would be okay. Otherwise I thought they were pricy. I don't see how one guy could pay the going lease rates.

Comment

A friend of my dad's from North Bend has been a member of Big Red Outdoors for quite a while. One advantage right off is that your family and dependents are included in your membership. He has spoken well about being part of Big Red Outdoors and it has worked out for him and he and his daughter have taken some really nice deer off their properties.

I have looked into them before and they spell it out that it is cheaper to be a member and hunt/fish/camp all year long vs a single trip with an outfitter. They are spot on with that philosophy as they do have a lot of properties, it seems easy to reserve, and you get a full year's worth of enjoyment compared to a single week's worth going on a trip with an outfitter.

Over time, this solution could get pricey. For some, they much would rather own their own lease with some people or even own their own land. Being part of this club, it would allow for a great deal of opportunities and locations and the properties are maintained (i.e. no elbow equity needed). Being a landowner myself for a recreational property, let me tell ya, there is a lot of work. For every hour we hunt on our land, we probably spend close to 20 hours during the year keeping it up. That does not include the costs for upkeep or equipment either. Plus, I am limited to hunting only my place unless I arrange a traded hunt with someone. Even with a lease, there are no guarantees of longevity.

Comment

Thanks for the responses guys! My hesitation with BRO is reserving specific properties. I want to be sure that I'll be able to actually get some time on decent properties without them being reserved ahead of time. I mainly bow hunt, so that would help.

Comment

Working...
          X