Hog Hunting in Ok

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elkstalkr View Post
    Out of curiosity what are they charging?
    2 days of hunting, 2 nights of lodging and 2 hogs was $500 each. I thought that was reasonable but this was my first hog hunt so I could be wrong.

Comment

My wife's family is from south Texas so I try to get down there at least once a year, its about the only good thing about going to Texas.. Her cousins husband has access to quite a bit of land and if you don't want to hunt them you can just buy them from ranch hands and other people who you could just more or less call nuisance hunters, you can buy the smaller ones (around 75 pounds or so) for around 40 dollars and they have already been gutted and cleaned.

Comment

Originally posted by jhunter16 View Post

2 days of hunting, 2 nights of lodging and 2 hogs was $500 each. I thought that was reasonable but this was my first hog hunt so I could be wrong.
        That’s about going rate. Lodging included though isn’t typical so that’s an added bonus!

Comment

That's about the average cost I've found, maybe a little less. 200a is a decent amount of ground to hunt, especially if you're spot and stalking.
          ​​​​​​Thanks for the report.

Comment

Working...
          X