Hog Hunting in Ok

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hog Hunting in Ok

Anyone have a recommendation for high fence hog hunt in Ok, or NE Texas?

Not really a recommendation. Buddies and I went to Shiloh Ranch (Ok) last year. Had a blast as a group of friends, but the hogs were nothing to be desired. Bunch of small ones that were deteriorating due to lack of forage. Couldn't keep the deer away from the feeders long enough for the hogs to find any feed.

I've seen some other friends post on Facebook about Raftr F Hunts (Ok). They've gone back multiple times and looks like they typically have better quality hogs. Get what you pay for probably since Raftr is about twice as much as Shiloh

Comment

Chasing hogs has gotten expensive. The place we used to go shut down this year so we're looking. Thinking about public, but might be trying to find a needle in a haystack.

Comment

Yes it is ridiculous what they get for hog hunts. It’s to the point I am considering guiding for hogs myself as I have access to property in Oklahoma.

Thier are defintely hogs on public in Oklahoma but you can’t bait them on public so it’s gonna make it very hard to pinpoint them. Especially for a non-Rez coming in and only a couple days to hunt. In the wild (not fenced) those things are so nomadic that without a consistent attract to draw them to a spot they can be tough to even find.

IF your willing to drive to south Texas you can usually find way better deals on hog hunts but it’s a lot further to drive.

Comment

The place we've been going to was 13 hrs from Omaha, so we've been driving to get there. Still rather find a place 9 hrs away if possible now that we have to find another place. . If you get something started, let me know, can pay cash, or trade for a nw Missouri deer or turkey hunt.

Comment

Down here now. Whacked a boar this evening. I’ll take some pics and post’em when I get a chance.

Comment

Nice, did you buy some property down there?

Comment

No. College buddy owns a ranch where I’m at. Family owns some property near Stillwater but no consistent hogs there yet. Thank God. I would rather not deal with them. Hope they never come but sooner or later unfortunately

Comment

They are hard to stop - keep moving north...They are fun to hunt, but I don't want to deal with them on my farms when they get finally come up that far north..
                  Where is that pic?, no pic - it didn't happen

Comment

Shiloh has been in biz a long time. They were close to the place we used to go in Ok before we started going to Tx.

We never hunted there tho. I think they are pretty restrictive these days on their hunts....

Comment

Well we ended our trip with 3 hogs and a bonus coyote which I thought wasn’t bad considering when we got there two out of our three feeders were out of commission. It’s a great place for hogs but it’s tough to keep equipment up and running when you live 9 hours away!

First hog was about 100-125 lb boar, I actually stalked up on him. Second hog was about 150 lb sow. Third hog was about about 50-70 lb sow. They were both killed at feeders. Plus the coyote. I actually shot the yotes buddy as well because but never could find it. Must have just grazed it because there was defintely hair and tissue at the spot.

Comment

Very cool ! Congrats. You have a hog problem for sure. All I see is bacon around those feeders...

Comment

Yea we kept all 3 because my buddy wanted all the meat he could get. If it had been just me I woulda just kept the fat sow and left the rest for yote bait.

I had to drag that dam boar probably 5-600 yds. I’ve always had a rule that if I couldn’t pull up to them with the truck they stayed right where they dropped! That is by far furthest I have ever drug a feral hog. Only for a friend (or my wife) I suppose. Lol

The small sow was shoot up pretty bad. Shot twice on the run. Still managed to save half the meat on her.

Both sows were pregnant. Small one had 2 and big one had 5. The big one was really fat and will be delicious eating.

We we ended up with a little over a 150 qt cooler full of meat. So he’s gonna have plenty!!

Comment

We just got back from PH Farms in OK. Definitely a mixed review.

The bad: the cabins were pretty rustic and "clean" is a relative term, the hunting area was fairly small for how many guys we had hunting it (200 acres give or take, heavily wooded), treestands were sketchy at best (I elected to sit on the ground), and the owner was pretty hands-off about who was hunting where and a game plan. Safety didn't seem to be his highest concern and we coordinated among ourselves to make sure we had safe lanes to shoot.

To his credit, he did have lots of hogs and quality ones. We shot 22 between 12 of us in 1.5 days of hunting and they averaged 115 lbs. When we shot hogs, he picked them up and had them gutted, skinned, quartered, and on ice in our coolers quickly. Price was fair for what it was. We had fun but I'm not sure I'd go back if I get to plan the next hog hunt.

Comment

Out of curiosity what are they charging?

Comment

Working...
                              X