My seasons over..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My seasons over..

Last day my buyers in town is tomorrow so my season is now over. Trapped on and off when I had time and did more calling this yr. Here's a few pics.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20190209_103920.jpg Views:	0 Size:	141.6 KB ID:	1223513Click image for larger version  Name:	20190209_080440.jpg Views:	0 Size:	90.3 KB ID:	1223514Click image for larger version  Name:	2019011795173227-01.jpg Views:	0 Size:	124.4 KB ID:	1223515Click image for larger version  Name:	20190127_121503.jpg Views:	0 Size:	94.0 KB ID:	1223516 Click image for larger version  Name:	2019012795154408.jpg Views:	0 Size:	91.7 KB ID:	1223517Click image for larger version  Name:	2019012795165152-01.jpg Views:	0 Size:	72.0 KB ID:	1223518Click image for larger version  Name:	20181224_124609.jpg Views:	0 Size:	110.4 KB ID:	1223519Click image for larger version  Name:	20190204_135541.jpg Views:	0 Size:	70.3 KB ID:	1223520
    ended the yr with a couple dozen yotes, 11 cats, and 5 dozen coon. Not to mention the over 40 possum and 15 skunk.
    now it's time to clean up the live traps and get some fishing in.
    Last edited by cougarw; 02-09-2019, 07:34 PM.

Man cougar 11 cats is impressive! Nice haul all together.

Comment

I'm not into trapping but seeing the cats is cool
      They have cometh

Comment

Nice looking cats!!! Great work! Always nice to see the predator numbers lowered.

Comment

Awesome job oncw again, cougarw!
          we had a doozy of a winter in terms of weather. December was just plain muddy mess, January was snow and freezing conditions.
          way to push through! Good job!
          Jim

Comment

Just curious, what's your rifle/bullet setup? Don't see any pelt damage. Good job!!

Comment

Originally posted by Walker20 View Post
              Just curious, what's your rifle/bullet setup? Don't see any pelt damage. Good job!!
              I'm using an AR in .223 and a savage bolt in .223. Both shoot 55 gr sp. I've tried the v max but it's not the most fur friendly load, if you hit the wrong spot you'll end up with a big hole. I've tried other loads and other cal guns and all in all this is the best fur friendly combination I've found. I don't like sewing up holes so this is what I use. Rarely will I have an exit hole bigger than a quarter, even on cats.

Comment

Those are some nice pics and that's a great haul of Critters you got there. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Great looking bellies on those cats.

Comment

What did those bobcats bring Mike?

Comment

Cool. Looks like you had some good success.

All I got was a couple coyotes, two coons and 3 beavers.

Comment

I realize trapping season is about over, but this weekend the coons wiped out the last of my chickens. Between the coyotes, foxes and coons its been hard to start my "hobby farm". I feel like I need to have some predator control program if I start a new flock. Last summer I borrowed a live trap from my neighbor after a chicken massacre, and got a skunk the first night. It sprayed when I shot it and my yard smelled like skunk for 3 weeks. Any suggestions or is dealing with skunks just part of the deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Sm ok ing quack View Post
                          I realize trapping season is about over, but this weekend the coons wiped out the last of my chickens. Between the coyotes, foxes and coons its been hard to start my "hobby farm". I feel like I need to have some predator control program if I start a new flock. Last summer I borrowed a live trap from my neighbor after a chicken massacre, and got a skunk the first night. It sprayed when I shot it and my yard smelled like skunk for 3 weeks. Any suggestions or is dealing with skunks just part of the deal.
                          Skunks are part of the deal unless you can utilize baits that they usually don't prefer, i.e. sweets. I used to use marshmallows and maple syrup for my dog-proof traps when I knew skunks were heavy in the area. You can add a little vanilla for added calling aroma.

Comment

Nice haul cougar!

Sm - I haven't trapped the last 2 years due to bad prices but when I did, I rarely caught a skunk. In 2016, I caught close to 100 coons and got one skunk. I use dog proof traps and put a mixture of catfood, mini marshmallows, and fish oil in the bottom of the trap and then place a golf ball on the top for a "lid". I'm not sure if that helped against skunks or I got lucky? I learned the trick from a guy who has trapped for a long time. He said it kept the mice out... Good luck.

Comment

Smoking quack, us3 a Siringe pole to kill the skunks, also sounds mor3 like possums killing chickens.
                              wyohunter, this yr the skunks were bad, I trap them all to help thelandowner out on his turkey population, actually, coons, possum, skunk,they all must go on this place. I only need to set for coon or cats, all the rest seem to find my traps.

Comment

Working...
                              X