Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pheasant season, new dog and some pictures.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Report Pheasant season, new dog and some pictures.

I had a new dog, Moose (GSP), to work this pheasant season. He turned 2 years old in January. He developed a major toe problem shortly after I got him in late Sept. When he was unable to hunt I did a lot of yard work with him. He was finally back to nearly 100% by mid December when we started hunting roosters. This was his first season of hunting. We had definite lack of snow this year. Some days we found several birds, other days we saw only one or two. Overall I was pleased with how Moose did. It was fun to watch him learn new things each time out. I still have a few minor things to work on with him. He should be a decent dog by next fall if I do my part with the training he still needs. It was fun year and I'm already looking forward to next season.
    I've included just a few pictures from this season.

Looks like a fun project!

Comment

Good looking dog, nice pics!
      When you have the option, please buy American made. If it does not save your job, it might save mine.

Comment

Great looking dog. Good fun.

Comment

Nice pictures. Makes me miss my gsp & pheasant hunting

Comment

Looks like a pretty good start! I just got a brittany pup about a month ago that I hope to hunt with in the future. It is my first go around with trying to train a bird dog so hopefully I don't mess up too bad haha. Good luck the next few years with your pup!

Comment

A great day with a good hunting buddy.

Comment

Great job on finding birds and good luck with your training. Like you I had a new dog this year also, he turned 15 months at the end of the season.

Did you guys find a bumper crop of prairie chickens this season? Up north of you a bit, we found quite a few this season

Comment

Great pics!

Comment

Great pics. I have a WPG and will be making a trip out this fall with him to the southwest part of the state.

Comment

Working...
                    X