Saturday Pheasant Hunt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday Pheasant Hunt

I don't go hunting for pheasants nearly enough by my brother and I went out on a pheasant hunt for the the last Saturday of season. We hunted three small parcels of private and 2 pieces of public to land our limit...it took all day but we got it done. We ended up getting 1 each on the private pieces and the other 3 on the public land. The three on public land all had bands on their legs. I don't hunt public land much so I don't know if this is a common thing they do when they release birds or not?

Click image for larger version

Name:	014.JPG
Views:	702
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	1222622
    Click image for larger version

Name:	016.JPG
Views:	711
Size:	129.2 KB
ID:	1222623
    Attached Files

nice work!

Comment

Nice work! I have shot a lot of roosters on public here in Nebraska but have never shot one with a band. Interested to hear the story behind them...

Comment

I have shot banded Pheasants on public land that were released for either the Youth hunts or before Thanks Giving. A Pheasant is a Pheasant in my book! Good shooting.

Comment

That's awesome! Save those bands for keepsake!

Comment

Good way to wrap the season.

Comment

Game and Parks bands?

Comment

I am assuming so but I don't know for sure.

Comment

We have banded a lot of pheasants over the past several years in SW Nebraska. Do you have any close up pictures of them? Were they colored?

Comment

These pheasants were shot in south central Nebraska and no the bands were not colored. The bands had the initials NE followed by 6 numbers, the first 3 numbers were the same and the next 3 were different. I wonder if the G & P had some leftover pheasants somewhere and decided to let them go for the last weekend of season.

Comment

Those sound like bands that are placed on captive birds for hunting preserves. Are there any close to it? It could also be that someone purchased some on their own and let them out there to hunt.

Comment

I tried to get bands from the G&P this fall and all they would give me is some colored bands that had some kind of sticky glue holding them on which didn't work. They no longer had the metal ones.

Comment

Working...
                        X