Bone marrow soup.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bone marrow soup.

Now I was not surprised to see this post because I know that a lot of people aren't aware of CWD. We have it here in Pa and most neighboring states.

One of my friends got a deer with muzzelloader season here in NJ. He is cutting it up tomorrow. He usually debones the deer.
    I am researching bone broth,,its something I May try,,just to do it.
    Its sort of a hobby of mine to stretch ,just to learn how to ,not because I have to. Its also something I can do that doesnt cost a wheelbarrow full of money...

My question is has anyone roasted venison bones,then slowly simmered them with some seasonings and vegetables to make stock?

The stock can be used as a base for soups,stews gravies,,etc.

Isn't bone marrow one of the things you shouldn't eat?

Originally posted by john chovanes View Post
    Now I was not surprised to see this post because I know that a lot of people aren't aware of CWD. We have it here in Pa and most neighboring states.

One of my friends got a deer with muzzelloader season here in NJ. He is cutting it up tomorrow. He usually debones the deer.
    I am researching bone broth,,its something I May try,,just to do it.
    Its sort of a hobby of mine to stretch ,just to learn how to ,not because I have to. Its also something I can do that doesnt cost a wheelbarrow full of money...

My question is has anyone roasted venison bones,then slowly simmered them with some seasonings and vegetables to make stock?

The stock can be used as a base for soups,stews gravies,,etc.

I'm not sure about deer but bone marrow does have vital nutrients and in survival situations it is eaten.
    Fishing is a dream so I dream often

Comment

Originally posted by john chovanes View Post

Unless it is obviously discolored, I have never heard of a "don't eat bone marrow" advisory.

It would be just like making beef stock or chicken stock, but with venison. Stock is of the more useful things in the kitchen, generally, and it's more time consuming than it is difficult to make, especially if you can get someone else to chop the vegetables for you.

Comment

Working...
      X