DIY Nebraska Archery Mule Deer Hunt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY Nebraska Archery Mule Deer Hunt

Was thinking about doing a DIY Nebraska Archery Mule Deer Hunt this coming fall 2019 week of Oct 20 tru 25. I am taking a week of vacation last week in February to put some boots on the ground and scout. So if anybody has some information to steer me in the right direction as to some possible places to go would be greatly appreciated! Thanks Nick.

Hi Nick,

As you probably would guess, you aren't the first to ask for help with Mule deer here. There are quite a few threads on this site with information that may help you out. The bottom line is Nebraska doesn't have a ton of public land or places to publicly advertise so you likely won't get the type of response you are looking for. That said, we do have mule deer to hunt but you will need to put in the time researching and then be willing to work hard during your hunt to be successful. Good luck to you.

Comment

Hey Thanks Wyohunter. One other thing I thought about throwing out there is. I have nice hunting shack in north central Wisconsin close to a lot of nice Atv and Utv trails. Maybe there are some private land owners that are out there big into trail riding that would do a swap, let me hunt there land for a week and I would let them stay at my shack for a week.

Comment

Try the CWD Ranch.

Comment

• Lenny
          Lenny commented
          Editing a comment
          Ha ha!

• mkirk
          mkirk commented
          Editing a comment
          Can't stop laughing

Public Lands Atlas

Daryl B.
        Daryl Bauer
        Fisheries Outreach Program Manager
        Nebraska Game & Parks Commission
        daryl.bauer@nebraska.gov
        http://ourdoornebraska.ne.gov/blogs/category/barbs-and-backlashes/

Comment

• Elusive
          Elusive commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey Thanks whitetips.

Good luck, spend some time here and make some friends. You’ll get more help if you become a regular here. Not may want to give “helpful advice” to the “one or two post and done “ crowd. Above all we want to hear from you afterwards. Details, don’t care if anything was killed, but It’s an adventure and at I for one would love to read about it.

Comment

• Elusive
          Elusive commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey Lenny I'm all about the adventure and doing something different don't care if I kill anything but that would be plus. So far the research I have done sounds like Oglala National Wildlife Refuge would be good place to go and pressure would not be to bad in October. Does Nebraska Belf Restricted Access mean its open land but you have to go tru private to get to it? Also what does National Wildlife Refuge Land mean with Special Regulation.

1 non resident looking for free deer hunting in a state with no place for it's residents to hunt

Ah- ha ha ha ha

What's the over/under on the number of these posts we'll see by Oct?
        Peace and Love

Comment

• mkirk
          mkirk commented
          Editing a comment
          It's starting early this year
      Working...
      X