NE Pheasant Reports

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NE Pheasant Reports

Has anyone been out pheasant hunting in the NE part of the state, west of Sioux city? Planning on chasing some after Christmas and this is always our preferred area to hunt. Thanks in advance for any reports.

Might be ok if the snow melts enough. The CRP is filled with snow and pushed the birds into brushy area.

Comment

• StickandString
      StickandString commented
      Editing a comment
      tjm - didn't know there was still any CRP standing up that way...

Comment

They are around.

Comment

• StickandString
        StickandString commented
        Editing a comment
        Leland - Thanks for the report. Looks like you had a good outing. As long as we can scratch just a few it will be an excellent trip.

This is the worst season I have seen in my lifetime. I have walked allot of miles to get the ones I have. Lots of rain and hail in June. I have walked some great habitat and seen very low numbers.

Comment

• StickandString
        StickandString commented
        Editing a comment
        tango - spoke to a family farmer up near Randolph and he said he's seen a few but expects we will work hard for those we bag. I'd be happy to just see a few and get a couple good shots.

Originally posted by tango20 View Post
      This is the worst season I have seen in my lifetime. I have walked allot of miles to get the ones I have. Lots of rain and hail in June. I have walked some great habitat and seen very low numbers.
      I agree with you. I’ve hunted Nebraska since 1971 and have never had such poor hunting. Portions of eastern Nebraska have no birds at all. The most birds I saw in a day was 17 and 15 were hens and that was 150 miles west.

Comment

I'm not sure what we will see from our area that we hunt but I'll be sure to report what we saw and how it went.

Comment

Working...
        X