Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WyoHunter
    commented on 's reply
    It always starts on the Saturday closest to the 13th. The season will start on Nov 16th. This means the earliest date it will ever start is the 10th and the latest it will ever start is the 16th. **unless NG&P changes their rule about the 13th in the future.

• frankman68803
    replied
    Lincoln game & parks office just told me it will open nov 16 next year

Leave a comment:

• Babe Winkleworm
    replied
    Rifle season is going ro be October 26-27, 2019

Leave a comment:

• tjm
    replied
    Originally posted by Luv2Decoy View Post
    I would bet that NG&P can tell you exactly when it will be, so that you don't have to guess.
    Technically it’s not official unti the Commissioners actually set it, but I did happen to come accross this

https://nebraska.tv/features/good-mo...-made-in-april

Leave a comment:

• tjm
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, you are correct, I said closest weekend, but now I see closest Saturday is correct.

• Luv2Decoy
    replied
    Well from all of us "experts" you have a couple of choices. lol

I would bet that NG&P can tell you exactly when it will be, so that you don't have to guess. I was/am under the assumption that it opens on the 2nd Saturday of November but if tjm is correct, that obviously is not the case.

Good Luck with your vacation draw.

Leave a comment:

• Old Nebraska Guy
    replied
    tjm wrote...
    It’s supposed to start the weekend closest to the 13th, but the 13th falls on a Wednesday next year, so not sure what they would do.
    Edit- 2013, the 13th was on a Wednesday, and the season started the 16th.

I don't know if it is a rule or a law, but this is the closest to actual. Firearm season begins the Saturday closest to the 13th of November.
    Find a calendar, find the 13th of November, count the days to the previous Saturday then count the days to the following Saturday. Low number wins.
    In 2019 the 16th is closer to the 13th than the 9th.

Leave a comment:

• Mav5
    replied
    Firearm deer season always ends the Sunday before Thanksgiving, so.... 2019 season would be Nov 16 -24, as Thanksgiving is on the 28th next year.

Leave a comment:

• 10_point_buck
    replied
    Whenever it is set for, it will be the "peak of the rut" regardless.....

Leave a comment:

• tjm
    replied
    Originally posted by crappie_eyes View Post
    usually its the second weekend in November...9-17
    It’s supposed to start the weekend closest to the 13th, but the 13th falls on a Wednesday next year, so not sure what they would do.
    Edit- 2013, the 13th was on a Wednesday, and the season started the 16th.

Leave a comment:

• elkstalkr
    replied
    True. However next year thanksgiving is super late. Wonder how that will effect the dates. If any at all.

Leave a comment:

• crappie_eyes
    replied
    usually its the second weekend in November...9-17

Leave a comment:

• cooper
    started a topic 2019 Deer Season

2019 Deer Season

What is everybody's best guess on the dates of the 2019 rifle season in Nebraska? I have to put in for vacation a year in advance. thanx
Working...
X