• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C.N.
    #15.1
    C.N. commented
    11-29-2018, 03:06 PM
    You obviously have not met to many people. Either rural or metro. One mans opinion means little.
    One man's opinion based on fact. I lived in and around it for over 3 years. That's a lot more meaningful that your assumptions, and I'm sure you know the old about about making those.

Comment

• C.N.
      C.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      Listing things you know nothing about, again?

• piscatorious
      piscatorious commented
      Editing a comment
      C.N.
      #16.6
      C.N. commented
      11-30-2018, 03:14 PM
      "Listing things you know nothing about, again?"

Simple conclusion taking into consideration those classy antagonistic PMs you like to send out.

• C.N.
      C.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      You would know em. Thanks

piscatorious, your experience is the same I have witnessed and experienced. I even had a local deputy tell me right before he caught the trespassers/hunters without permission on my property that it was probably people from Omaha or Lincoln. I just chuckled and said yea.

I knew they were not from the city, they were local. He tried several times to get me to not press charges but I was adamant. However somehow the trespassing ticket was not enforced and the lowest fine possible to assess for hunting without permission was issued.

He epitomized a local Roscoe p. Coletrain of Dukes of Hazzard fame. He now works in an even smaller town/county populace.

All of the people I have caught trespassing and hunting without permission and stealing my property on the farm have been locals and small town folks.

This fall near my parents house a couple locals shot two turkeys from the road. My dad went out to talk to them and see who it was. They were locals that knew my dad. My dad, not being the proactive, LEO calling type like myself told them to basically not do that anymore. They said they just got excited. They then went on their way. My philosophy is that that action will not stop without severe economic loss to the perpetrators, even then it won't stop it all but most I think will be detoured from doing that again.

The poachers were a father in his 70's and his son, in his fifties not some youngins that many might jump to thinking.

Comment

• scotcl
      scotcl commented
      Editing a comment
      That's unfortunate. Would have been a prime time to see them check in their turkeys right there on the spot and then take down their license information and have the turkeys "donated" to the landowner before he went home.

• Luv2Decoy
      Luv2Decoy commented
      Editing a comment
      We were unable to get LEO to issue a trespassing this past rifle deer season.

The guy was parked in my field and sitting 300 yrds from his truck in my field, but "wasn't really" hunting my property as he was waiting for deer to leave my ground and would shoot them when they reached the neighbors wheat stubble.

I thought it was like the old line "sorta pregnant". He was an ex-local guy also who was back for the season.

I have a farm near Hartington and when we lived there we had some fences cut and a gate left open by someone chasing coyotes. So after spending two days playing cowboy looking for cattle my dad stopped letting people hunt. Twenty years later my brother at Christmas dinner relates a story of how he had cut the fence and left the gate open when him and his buddies were coyote hunting, and how he still thinks its hilarious that dad blamed guys from Sioux City.

Comment

We pronghorn hunted a tract of land in the open fields and water program out near the grasslands this September and ran into the landowner. When we were chatting with him and thanking him for entering his land in the program he told us he did it because a lot of the locals just trespassed on it anyway. One particular fella that had been kicked off the ground several times told the land owner he didn't fear a trespassing ticket because he would just tell the CO he thought he was still on public land which bordered this property. He figured if he was going to have people using his property, he might as well get something out of it. Some people just don't seem to have much respect for landowner rights and private property. I wish they would raise the fines to a level that would encourage that.

Comment

Originally posted by Backstraps View Post
        When we were chatting with him and thanking him for entering his land in the program he told us he did it because a lot of the locals just trespassed on it anyway.
        I have heard this too, from landowners enrolled in OFW. In a lot of different areas of the state. They say they couldn't get any law enforcement to patrol the area, so they enrolled their property to "force" enforcement presence.

Comment

Originally posted by bwese View Post
          piscatorious, your experience is the same I have witnessed and experienced. I even had a local deputy tell me right before he caught the trespassers/hunters without permission on my property that it was probably people from Omaha or Lincoln. I just chuckled and said yea.

I knew they were not from the city, they were local. He tried several times to get me to not press charges but I was adamant. However somehow the trespassing ticket was not enforced and the lowest fine possible to assess for hunting without permission was issued.

He epitomized a local Roscoe p. Coletrain of Dukes of Hazzard fame. He now works in an even smaller town/county populace.

All of the people I have caught trespassing and hunting without permission and stealing my property on the farm have been locals and small town folks.

This fall near my parents house a couple locals shot two turkeys from the road. My dad went out to talk to them and see who it was. They were locals that knew my dad. My dad, not being the proactive,
          Bluestacks Kodi Lucky Patcher LEO calling type like myself told them to basically not do that anymore. They said they just got excited. They then went on their way. My philosophy is that that action will not stop without severe economic loss to the perpetrators, even then it won't stop it all but most I think will be detoured from doing that again.

The poachers were a father in his 70's and his son, in his fifties not some youngins that many might jump to thinking.
          I think that these fishermen should have been punished financially and this is what happened in our region and they were punished

Comment

Working...
          X