Nance County Poacher

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nance County Poacher

Hope they catch him. Should be pretty easy to locate.

Comment

Not from Omaha or Lincoln.....strange......seems to be the locals causing a ruckus not the big city fellas unless Grand Island is considered big. Scum bags no matter where they are from, Hope theyโ€™ll get busted!

Comment

This is all over Facebook too. This guy is going to get recognized quick.

Comment

Big old bowtie back window sticker, mirrors look like 2500 series Chevy or higher.
          should be recognizeable to someone.
          Hope they find the perpetrator.
          Jim

Comment

From the comments I saw on Facebook, this guy is a known poacher in nance & Boone counties.

Comment

Link to Facebook post?

Comment

Bet he pulls that bow tie off the back window for sure. Hes gonna have some heat on him.

Comment

• Lenny
                Lenny commented
                Editing a comment
                OG, above Facebook link says he was caught in case you missed it. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Awesome. Now if we could just get a judge that will give a punishment with some teeth to it.

Comment

No chit on that, need to make an example out of someone! Light consequences do nothing to deter the problem.

Comment

Glad they caught the douche!! Now a judge needs to make it HURT!!!

Comment

Y'all got any more of them poaching stories?
                    Peace and Love

Comment

A local? No way.

Color me surprised.

The rural locals rape our wildlife, yet the city folk take the blame. Seen it waaaaay too often.

Who is that dude from the Cozad area who keeps harping on how awful the city folk are?

Yet his ilk are the ones doing this, or poaching dozens pronghorn just to let them rot.

Comment

• elkstalkr
                        elkstalkr commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Honestly I donโ€™t blame city or rural folk. Poachers are poachers you got bad ones no matter where they call home. Now as for the Coloradans .......well they need to go hunt pheasant in their own dang state! ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜›

• KD
                        KD commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I agree. I just get tired of the all of the blame being put on "Omaha guys"

• crappie_eyes
                        crappie_eyes commented
                        Editing a comment
                        WMAs wouldn't be so humorous without those Omaha'ns around...especially the ones where you have to finish off their deer for them since they have an empty 30-06 and a handful of spent rounds...130+ miles from home over a fawn!

I know for a fact that this ordeal took a big chunk out of his wallet. I am surprised that he didn't loose his hunting privileges for any amount of time but maybe hunting privileges are revoked unless the infraction has to do with endangered/protected species or federal regulated wildlife. IMO I think anyone that poaches needs to loose their privilege to hunt and fish for a period of time let alone the trespassing part of this violation also. Again just my opinion.
                      SUCESS IS WHEN PREPARATION MEETS OPPORTUNITY!!

Comment

• H. R. Pearson
                        H. R. Pearson commented
                        Editing a comment
                        While everyone here might agree with those sentiments, it's just like people who get busted for drunk driving over and over and over. You can take away somebody's license and their legal right to drive, no matter the length of time, but guess what they still get popped driving drunk, or operating a vehicle. The only way to cure would be life in jail or summary execution.

KD
                      #13.2
                      KD commented
                      11-28-2018, 09:29 AM
                      I agree. I just get tired of the all of the blame being put on "Omaha guys"
                      I spent 3 years in a small town 100 mi from the "Big O". Worked 4 days a week & hunted the other 3 from mid Sept until April, depending on when it quit snowing, with a lot of the locals. I fished most every evening from April-Sept. What I found interesting, back in those days, was that anyone with a 1 or 2 county plate were considered "dreaded city folk" by most of the locals, including many farmers. Those locals weren't smart enough to know where 59 county was so Sarpyites were no big deal.

I was appalled at hunting and fishing ethics of many of the locals I knew and hunted with. I saw things I hand never even heard of and learned quickly why hunters & fishermen had a bad reputation. Things like shooting pheasants, quail & rabbits out of the car window off the road, shooting a whole covey of quail on the ground, poaching deer at night, hunting, fishing & trespassing without permission, dropping fences while chasing coyotes, & on & on.

I have never know anyone from the big cities to have as much disregard for other peoples property or hunting & fishing regulations as those locals, and I found, over the years, that what I witnessed there wasn't an isolated case, it's actually pretty common in small town NE.

Comment

• C.N.
                        C.N. commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You obviously have not met to many people. Either rural or metro. One mans opinion means little.

• scotcl
                        scotcl commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Growing up in a small south central town, I agree with your post piscatorious...Now, I live outside of the big cities and hunt almost exclusively public ground. The "no, it's already hunted" or "sorry, it's leased" too many times became more and more difficult to swallow. I continue to ask, but now spend more time with my family on the ground that is open to us already. And, other than litter...I haven't ran into any issues with ethical hunters on any of them properties.

• nascar00
                        nascar00 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Finally, the truth comes out. Thank You. I work across Nebraska in 89% of the small towns, the things I have seen as an outsider from the big "O" would make any CO skin crawl. In fact many a blind eye is turned to it. Game laws do not apply to small town life.
                    Working...
                    X