Sky carp???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sky carp???

I haven't seen any pics of people whacking and stacking any snows and blues yet. I bought a hunt at a DU banquet last year, and was supposed to go this weekend, but the guide screwed that up really good, but I think a buddy and I might go chase some around anyway. Has anybody been out shooting them?

Yes.
    They have cometh

Comment

There are lots of targets around.

Comment

We are sitting at just over 100 taken. Decoying has been improving but still pretty tough. If your on the X you will get action but hard to convince them to go where they haven't been.

Comment

Sounds like it sucks so far. They have been around to long. They know the game

Comment

Went from Blair to S.Sioux City yesterday in the morning. There was a steady line of snows from just south of Tekamah to S. Sioux. I saw 1 field south of Decatur that was easily a 1/2 mile long and a 1/4 mile wide packed full of snow geese and the same line of birds overhead! Quite a sight to see all morning until about 11:00am.

Comment

Very few birds in the Utica area this morning. Warm weather and South winds will have them in South Dakota pretty fast... Hoping for a decent snow up there to push them back again.

Comment

They've been hanging out here en masse for about a week and a half now. I think our last little shot of winter held them here for a bit longer.

WyoHunter, we've all taken a vote, and we are done with winter this year. I'm ready to do some bowfishing.

Comment

I'm leaving for the Bahamas later this afternoon... taking my wife to the beach for our 10th anniversary. I'm done with winter as well lol. I'm ready for turkey and crappie fishing.

Comment

Had probably the last hunt of the season this weekend. Probably saw 2,500 total, however the juvies were keyed into our spread ended up with 47. What was really great was had a 10 yr old in the spread and got him his first 3 snows. His smile lit up the evening sky Saturday night and then Sunday morning he was out there in the freezing drizzle.

Comment

Any hardy souls out there still trying? I would think you might be able to find some in NE Nebraska after a little bit of a reverse today. Probably quite a few scattered small roosts throughout the state. I was out of town Friday-Monday or I probably would have tried to find some.

Comment

I'm in SE South Dakota, haven't seen a snow goose for about ten days until today. Got about 6 inches of snow and 30 mile per hour winds last night and today. Snows were pushing south hard most of the day. I'd bet there are a load of them south of Sioux city where the snow totals were next to nothing.

Comment

Ya, like John said, they were long gone, mostly up near I-90 and north until winter decided it wasn't done screwing with us. I watched about 2 dozen specks fly over me in Yankton last night. There are a few more snows and blues, but I still the bulk are gone for the year.

Comment

Flying over Fremont last nite.
                            They have cometh

Comment

Just talked to a co-worker that just came back from ND last night, and he said the super flocks are up near Aberdeen, SD, and are stretching as far south as I-90.

Comment

Working...
                              X