No announcement yet.

MOREL HUNTING

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brother in law found some earlier this week, small grays.

Comment

I would love to have some luck this year, last year I found zero.

Comment

They are just beginning around here. Found ten last night, end of this week should be very good if we get some more rain like we are supposed to mid week.

Comment

Got on the board tonight! Had to share. All around a cut down cottonwood.

Follow NEFGA on Facebook!! www.facebook.com/nefga.org

Comment

Originally posted by Flash04jv View Post
            Got on the board tonight! Had to share. All around a cut down cottonwood.

WOW congrat, they look real healthy !

Comment

Took a quick walk last night and found around 2lbs...almost all of them were in a 10'x10' area clumped up like the one picture attached. Then I stopped by the garden to cut the first of many asparagus to come.

Comment

^^^ Good job. Looks like they are doing better than just starting around here.

They've likely been popping for a couple of weeks.

Comment

Finally found one.... yes 1 little grey here in the SE corner. Saline County. But that usually indicates the yellows are just around the corner..... or next tree!!!!! LOL

Comment

Well this weekend was really a Blessing for me. I got about a dozen and a half of nice morels. Had a couple nice bigger yellows in the bunch. Hope it rains some the next couple days, should find some more. Saturday was up and in the blind before sun-up. Had a big jake and a nice long beard come in to my set up. Just a little too far for my crossbow...... or at least just out of my comfortable range. Sunday morn I looked for shrooms and did not even get into my blind until 1 PM. Zipped the flap shut, gave a few loud yelps on my mouth call. Was just cocking my crossbow and looked out the blind and there was nice Jake all puffed out at 25 yards. I quickly loaded a bolt and aimed then pulled the trigger. Dead on. The turkey flopped about 10 yards and dropped over dead. Right thru the vitals. A nice hunt, all 5 or ten minutes of it. Had a good time, but best of all was the fact that this was Resurrection Sunday. Thank You Lord!!!

Comment

Found these the other day bank fishing, they were all in one little area maybe 20sq ft

Comment

A buddy and I hunted for morels about 12 miles from the Wyoming border yesterday. A little far west for them probably but we found some at this spot last year. Anyway, no luck so far. It may be another 7-10 days if I had to guess.

Comment

Originally posted by nebgoosehunter View Post
                          A buddy and I hunted for morels about 12 miles from the Wyoming border yesterday. A little far west for them probably but we found some at this spot last year. Anyway, no luck so far. It may be another 7-10 days if I had to guess.
                          Will not say much about morels, if I did I would have to kill you.

But I can tell you that they are later out west, and you ain't too far west. My daughter has picked 'em in Montana!

Daryl B.
                          Daryl Bauer
                          Fisheries Outreach Program Manager
                          Nebraska Game & Parks Commission
                          daryl.bauer@nebraska.gov
                          http://ourdoornebraska.ne.gov/blogs/category/barbs-and-backlashes/

Comment

I picked 4.5# last night, found lots of big ones.
                            When you have the option, please buy American made. If it does not save your job, it might save mine.

Comment

Picked almost 6 lbs. last night, all huge in size. Lancaster county.

Layne

Comment

Picked some big fresh ones on the Missouri River bottoms today. They're out! Go find'em.

Comment

Working...
                                X