No announcement yet.

Sky Carp will be here soon!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cant believe how many geese are already in this state. We are a solid 2 weeks ahead of the normal migration. Many of the guides haven't even set up or are just setting up. They are well behind the curve currently.

My current belief from what I have observed is the snows, for the most part, are bypassing Squaw Creek and coming straight to Nebraska because of the favorable conditions.

Comment

Went from Cozad to Kearney a couple days ago, plenty of them in that stretch of river bottom land. Long, half mlle lines of 'em ending in a "spiral staircase" descending into corn fields along the river.

Comment

We got into some birds this weekend but nothing to write home about. I think we ended up with around 60 birds but most from jump shooting. The decoy spreads just aren't producing. Hoping this storm forecast at the end of the week stalls the migration so we end up with a pile of birds for weeks.

Comment

From what I'm seeing the peak numbers have already passed us and are in the Dakotas. Maybe this weekends storm will turn them around.

Comment

Working...
          X