No announcement yet.

Will we be ice fishing this weekend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All the Omaha lakes are probably done pq went up at least 4 feet with the thaw and rain it’s not that the shoreline opened up so much as the lake got bigger I imagine most others are the same unless you head west or north

Comment

We call this iceberg fishing. Hop in the kayak and park it on the berg. Make sure to travel light - hand auger / minimal equipment.

Comment

No. No, you will not be ice fishing this weekend. But there will be some awesome kayaking around.
        Become the change in the world that you seek.

Comment

Originally posted by AV Angler View Post
          I'll be spending this weekend as "transition weekend"....getting all the ice gear stored away and cleaning up and organizing the boat. I've had the batteries on trickle charge rotating since January so should be ready to rock once the ice clears! I'm ready for the switch. It was a great ice season but it's time to move forward!
          ​Go Big Red!!

Comment

Originally posted by RETAF View Post
            Drove to PQ and WC today and found the ice about 8 ft from the shore and open water in the trees. I,m crossing those lake off my list. Anybody looked at Wanahoo or the Z? I sure would like to get out a time or two.
            I drove by Zorinsky yesterday afternoon. Not looking good there right now. Water level is about 8 foot or so over normal. The whole fishing pier is under water. But there looks to be enough open water around the edges to fish from shore.

Comment

Pockets of open water on Yankee Hill today when I went by. Edges are gone, boat ramp and jetties totally under water. Tons of water moving thru where its open.
              I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. -Sam Redfern

Comment

Stay off guys, last thing rescue crews need is to worry about someone falling through ice cause they wanted to get one last trip in.

Comment

Originally posted by ethan View Post
                  Stay off guys, last thing rescue crews need is to worry about someone falling through ice cause they wanted to get one last trip in.
                  Couldn't agree with you more. They have other emergencies to deal with.

Comment

I drove out to look at Meadowlark and Wildwood yesterday. In both cases water level was higher than the over flow outlets to the extent you could not see any whirl pooling. At Meadowlark the parking lot on the west side was completely covered with water. At Wildwood the water was on the east side of the trees in the parking lot and the floor of the fishing dock was under water. Around the edges water was 30 to 40 yards from the ice berg. Looking at the color of the ice it appeared water was pooling in areas. Better go check my battery charger on the boat.

Comment

Seems like a scary idea around here at this point. Like a few people mentioned, our emergency personnel are needed for bigger things right now! Anybody know how far north you have to go for good ice still?

Comment

• Fish On
                        Fish On commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Call it a season..

• Fish On
                        Fish On commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Too much snow up north
                    Working...
                    X