Replacement Hooks for Northland Forage Spoons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacement Hooks for Northland Forage Spoons

Anyone know where I can get some replacement treble hooks for Northland Forage Spoons? I absolutely love this spoon through the ice, and over the last few seasons have worn out a pile of them when the hook broke off a point. Spoons themselves are fine, I just can find a treble hook small enough (I thinking I need somewhere in the range of a size 10-12). Scheels in Lincoln didn't care trebles that small. Just curious if anyone had any idea where I can find small treble hooks...

Jann's Netcraft has both size 12 and 14 treble hooks. In search, type Size (12) Treble Hooks.

H
    Report Fish/Game Violations:
    1-800-742-SNAP (7627)

Comment

That’s perfect! THANK YOU!!!

Comment

I saw a box of Eagle Claws at Walmart. Might have to check around. Not all of them may have them.

Comment

Just my $0.02-worth. . . .

I replace the treble hooks on all of my ice-fishing jigging spoons with single hooks. They hook fish and keep 'em hooked easier.

I buy boxes of Mustad single hooks, silver.

Daryl B.

Daryl Bauer
          Fisheries Outreach Program Manager
          Nebraska Game & Parks Commission
          daryl.b[email protected]
          http://ourdoornebraska.ne.gov/blogs/category/barbs-and-backlashes/

Comment

10s work great. Check Wal-Mart for eagle claws in red. I keep a few boxes around. They usually clearance them this time of year but smallest I saw on clearance was 8s the other day

Comment

• Harold
              Harold commented
              Editing a comment
              Red hooks (just like the red line) were put on "clearance" relatively soon after being released.

I guess some are just slower at recognizing the sales promotion.

I change to single hooks as well. Easier to remove hooks, especially with cold fingers. I have several single hooks that I dressed myself, but have used red hooks too.
            Mike - LaVista, NE

Comment

I suggest Owner ST-36 hooks. Silly sharp, and strong hooks.

Comment

Working...
              X