Good way to round out the season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good way to round out the season

With impending rain and warming temps, caught this eastern NE hog. Good way to round the amazing season.

That is a pretty eye. Well done!
    "Man should fish for sport. I don't fish for meat. Fish meat is practically a vegetable" --Ron Swanson

Comment

Thank you thank you. Love seeing these pop up and returning them back after a quick pick so somebody else can have as much fun as I did.

Comment

Great job.

Comment

Nice fish

Comment

I must have missed the memo that the season was ending!??????

Daryl B.
            Daryl Bauer
            Fisheries Outreach Program Manager
            Nebraska Game & Parks Commission
            daryl.b[email protected]
            http://ourdoornebraska.ne.gov/blogs/category/barbs-and-backlashes/

Comment

I think the end is a ways off. Keep fishing. 👍

Comment

Do u mind telling me what you were using? Going to try to go after some walleye tomorrow, any tips appreciated

Comment

I will say I try for walleyes with jigging Raps and various ice spoons. But for me, 90% of the walleyes and bass over a couple pounds have been caught on a teardrop and wax worms. The reason for that could be that I haven't mastered the cadence or color they are looking for. They won't tell me.
                  Mike - LaVista, NE

Comment

I was using a 1/16 Oz (Tungsten) Clam Ice Jig (Orange/Black/Gold) with 3 Wax worms. Other Walleyes that I have caught this year in NE have all been from regular gold colored 1/16 Oz jigs and wax worms. (shallower areas after dark) im assuming as the season drags on the walleye are starting to look for shallower gravel areas for spawning. Good luck

Comment

Working...
                    X