Ice fishing spot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ice fishing spot

Have spring break Thursday and Friday, want to take my two boys out Friday and was wondering wear the best place to take them would be, within 2 hours of York, looking for either crappie bluegill or maybe even walleye

Grove Lake in Antelope county has great bluegill and crappie and the occasional pike. You could always hop on the interstate lakes all the way to Kearney from York. Good bluegill fishing with bass too, and Mormon Island in GI does have some walleye.

Comment

Originally posted by Dchusker View Post
      Have spring break Thursday and Friday, want to take my two boys out Friday and was wondering wear the best place to take them would be, within 2 hours of York, looking for either crappie bluegill or maybe even walleye
      2019 Fishing Forecast

Daryl B.
      Daryl Bauer
      Fisheries Outreach Program Manager
      Nebraska Game & Parks Commission
      [email protected]
      http://ourdoornebraska.ne.gov/blogs/category/barbs-and-backlashes/

Comment

I would tell you there's plenty of ice, bluegill, and crappie (and bass, with the occasional walleye) in the Omaha area. But if you're like me and you like to spend more time fishing than driving most of the time, you can probably find that closer to home too.

Roads this way (east side of the state) are supposed to be slick Thursday morning, so may be a better idea to stay west of the metro area(s).

Comment

Thanks for the tips

Comment

Burchard Lake is about 2 hours and 15 minutes from you. It's a good lake for ice fishing.

Comment

I strictly look at the most recent fishing forecast for the best spots. Good luck

Comment

Working...
              X