Who's fishing tomorrow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's fishing tomorrow?

Fishing wanahoo in the morning then dropping down to fish burchard in the afternoon. Friend and I fished wanahoo this morning. Fished area we did 2 weeks ago and caught almost all crappie and today was a bluegill day.

I was the one fishing by you this morning

Comment

Good to see you guys again. Hope all went well for you and John today. Bite was good at burchard this afternoon as well.

Comment

I got a limit of nice crappie,good day of fishing,John end up with 9 mixed bag

Comment

I fished today and took a good long time to find the fish, but once I found them (shallower than I had expected, it turns out), it was time to get the kids out on the ice for a fairly fast action multi-species bite.

One other notable thing: I got checked for my permit on the ice by a CO for the second time in the last 10 years (of ice fishing the same lake a LOT)! It was also the second time in the past 3 weeks - yes, both are true.

We ended up having to stop in time to head to a kid's indoor soccer game, but all in all a great day on the ice.

Now here's the real question, with below-zero temps for tomorrow morning and a single-digit high: Who's fishing tomorrow???

Nate

Comment

Yes the CO has been out checking alot,I've been checked 2 times already,and none last year. You better be in compliance. Seen him walk 3 guys off the ice 2 weeks ago.

Comment

Staying over tonight in the edge of Nebraska and will be out in the morning on pony creek across the kansas border looking for crappie before heading home. If you go out be careful and don't forget the propane.

Comment

Yes on the propane,no fishing for a couple days for me

Comment

Gonna try and get out somewhere tomorrow. Hoping to find someplace where I dont have to drag thru a foot of snow.
                  I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. -Sam Redfern

Comment

• snowgoose100
                    snowgoose100 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Id be suprised if Lincolns total today hit 1/2 inch

• Deadhead Dave
                    Deadhead Dave commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I meant all the leftover snow from last week...

• luvs2fish83
                    luvs2fish83 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Walnut Creek and Prairie Queen the snow isn't that bad on

We went out yesterday and this morning. The iowa lake we go to has a ton of ice. Probably 14 inches of clear with another 4 of frozen snow/slush. The bite yesterday was good but this morning with the cold front that moved in it got quite slow. Still better than sitting on the couch!

Comment

Saw a 4 wheeler on burchard Saturday afternoon. Didn't know you could do that.

Comment

• 4allfish
                      4allfish commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Not supposed to be on the lake

Maybe he was disabled? Is that possible. Can people get a permit if disabled? Saw a snowmobile last year on wanahoo also.

Comment

In the NGPC fishing guide, the lakes on the list allowed for ATV’s/snowmobiles on the ice are mainly lakes at State Recreation Areas(SRA’) or other lakes not owned or managed by the NGPC that allow ATV’s/snowmobiles on the ice. It also states, All Wildlife Management Area’s(WMA’s) are open to ATV’s and snowmobiles on the ice, unless posted otherwise. Burchard is a WMA, so unless it’s posted otherwise there, you could have an ATV out on the ice. Unless the the Lower Platte North NRD changed their rules, I don’t believe you are supposed to have ATV’s/snowmobiles on the ice at Wanahoo.

Comment

How was the bite at burchard? Thinking about making a trip there

Comment

Fished Yankee Hill tonight for five hours, I think I caught three little bluegills. There was very little in the way of snow cover, so at least the drag out was easy . Hoping to find another lake with less snow and a better bite tomorrow.
                          I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. -Sam Redfern

Comment

Working...
                          X