Burchard Lake????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burchard Lake????

We were thinking about trying out Burchard this weekend, but when looking around I thought I saw something about you can only ice fish it till January 15th? Can someone help me out with that, is that really a thing?

For questions like this, it is always good to look at the Fishing Guide.

P.62

A Burchard Lake: Pawnee County, 150 acres, 3E, ½N of Burchard. BBH, BLG, CCF, CRP, LMB, WAE, YEP. Black bass - 21-inch minimum length limit. Fishing restricted to shoreline or on ice from Oct. 15-Jan. 15. Boats restricted to 5 mph (no wake). Concrete boat ramp. Accessible pier. Primitive camping. Map Sheet 44
    Iowa State!

@JimVanBruggen

Comment

Originally posted by frogmanjim View Post
      For questions like this, it is always good to look at the Fishing Guide.

P.62

A Burchard Lake: Pawnee County, 150 acres, 3E, ½N of Burchard. BBH, BLG, CCF, CRP, LMB, WAE, YEP. Black bass - 21-inch minimum length limit. Fishing restricted to shoreline or on ice from Oct. 15-Jan. 15. Boats restricted to 5 mph (no wake). Concrete boat ramp. Accessible pier. Primitive camping. Map Sheet 44
      Actually saw that after I posted the comment, I went and found the Fishing Guide and went through it.

SO even though we have good safe ice still at the point we can't fish there ????

Comment

• NateWC
        NateWC commented
        Editing a comment
        I have never been there, but the way I am reading the regulation, it would mean that you can't fish from a boat between October 15th and January 15th. Which (at least the way I read it) means it should be open to ice fishing right now if there's good ice.

• PaulCat15
        PaulCat15 commented
        Editing a comment
        Was wondering that as well...I asked on another forum as well. Need the man/myth/legend Darryl to chime in here...

Gates are closed during the peak waterfowl migration times. Open to walk in fishing anytime of the year.
      Yall aint from round here is you?

Comment

• PaulCat15
        PaulCat15 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks

Originally posted by Chunky Tuna View Post
      Gates are closed during the peak waterfowl migration times. Open to walk in fishing anytime of the year.
      I see the MML answered on the other forum so yes you can go fishing this weekend, may see you down there! Good fishing if y’all make it.
      Keep it safe! JDL

Comment

Plan on fishing there Saturday afternoon

Comment

Anyone have any luck at burchard? Looking to make a trip there just want to make sure it's worth the drive

Comment

• PaulCat15
            PaulCat15 commented
            Editing a comment
            Fished there this last Saturday. I guess I don't know how long of a "trip" you have to make, but the ice solid, the fishing last Saturday was great, and there isn't any snow you have to walk on, on the ice (for the most part) so I would say....GO

Jajensen sent you a pm . not sure if I did it right?

Comment

Working...
          X