Clear All

Snow!?!

I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. -Sam Redfern

Yes?
    Keep it safe! JDL

Comment

To much!

Comment

Breaking out the snowshoes tonight. It’s been a while for those.

Comment

Tried to delete this thread and couldn't figure it out, my apologies. Now to figure out how to get thru this snow and fish tomorrow. I'm interested in a Smitty sled, but I don't know where to get ski's, and I'm not very handy.

Comment

• Torino
            Torino commented
            Editing a comment
            Saw one on Facebook for $50. It was in the ice fishing buy/sell group

Looks like that one is already sold, I wish I would have seen it sooner. Anyone have an idea where I can get ahold of a cheap set of ski's?

Comment

I have been checking goodwills and thrift stores. No luck yet.
            Keep it safe! JDL

Comment

A fishing buddy of mine got a set off Craigslist for $10 and put them on his tub ,works good!

Comment

I have a very old pair of Rossi 969's with dead stickers all over them back from my high school and college days. Perfect fit for a Deadhead named Dave BUT, I can not part from them this was only meant as a tease.

Comment

I have bee checking local used stores and Craig’s list only thing nI have seen is a set of kids for like 45.00 think they are too short for what I am looking for. If any of y’all find an extra set I would appreciate a message. On another note just went by WC. Not as much snow on it as I had thought there would be. Going out tomorrow after I get done at work.
                  Keep it safe! JDL

Comment

• NateWC
                    NateWC commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I was out yesterday (Sunday, Feb 24) at WC and was one of only two on the lake. The snow was "interesting" in that I could often walk on top of the crusty stuff, but every once in a while I would go in boot-deep and there were 4 inches of slush under the crust and snow. My sled stayed on top of the crust, so wasn't too bad to drag. Setting up to fish was interesting too - I shoveled some of the snow/slush, but it made a whole bunch of slush when I popped my first hole and I had to dry my shelter out at home later. Fishing was slow, but probably because I just drilled a hole near the creek channel and got right to fishing - no searching at all. When they came in, the bite was rather aggressive.

When you get hold of some ski's the Ice Shanty has some great info on smitty sleds.

Comment

A guy on the ice pages on Facebook posted he found a cheap place to get new ones. Im not going to toss his name on here but pm if you can't locate it by searching facebook

Comment

Originally posted by snowgoose100 View Post
                      A guy on the ice pages on Facebook posted he found a cheap place to get new ones. Im not going to toss his name on here but pm if you can't locate it by searching facebook
                      You know I once had a face book account cause my little wife told me I needed one. Never used it but I did have one. So a year or so ago I tried to login and was told I was not allowed. Don’t know why and was never very interested in finding out. One less thing to think about!
                      Keep it safe! JDL

Comment

Originally posted by Kenai King View Post
                        I have a very old pair of Rossi 969's with dead stickers all over them back from my high school and college days. Perfect fit for a Deadhead named Dave BUT, I can not part from them this was only meant as a tease.
                        They do look pretty awesome

Comment

I found a pair for $5 on Craigslist this summer. Put them on an aluminum dunnage rack. Works amazing. Dragging my sled prior to this in even an inch of snow was miserable. A foot of snow it wasn’t doable. I used to travel light and snow wasn’t an issue, but I keep having more kids and more friends tag along. My sled looks like the grinches sled, but it pulls like butter.

Comment

Working...
                          X