No announcement yet.

Where to find crappie on this lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weather permitting, try sweeping the snow off a 20' x 20' area. Set out a couple lanterns and fish it at night. I've watched crappie take minnows 6" under the ice

Comment

I have also caught a few only a couple feet under the hole this week. It makes them very difficult to spot on electronics. I hear ya on that snow, i've been dragging in it all week. Makes me miss my one man shack.
      I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. -Sam Redfern

Comment

Smitty sled. Gotta to have one for the snow.

Comment

Hillbilly, would be interested to see pic of your smitty sled set up. Or anybody else's smitty pertaining to the set up; construction of.
          I'm thinking I need to do something more with my "otter sled" other than adding runners. Two elevated ski's would be less contact with snow. Runners will still be more contact with snow/grass (getting to pond/lake) and on the lake snow. Works great with little to no snow, slick as can be; grass dirt still an issue .
          If you don't know where you're going, chances are you will end up somewhere else. quote. 'Yogi Berra'

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened. 'Winston Churchill'

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
            Hillbilly, would be interested to see pic of your smitty sled set up. Or anybody else's smitty pertaining to the set up; construction of.
            I'm thinking I need to do something more with my "otter sled" other than adding runners. Two elevated ski's would be less contact with snow. Runners will still be more contact with snow/grass (getting to pond/lake) and on the lake snow. Works great with little to no snow, slick as can be; grass dirt still an issue .
            I know a lot of folks don’t/won’t visit iceshanty.com, but if you want to find out about the Smitty sled check it out? Has like over 20 pages on this topic. Or Hillbilly can send you his plans. Building one myself if I can find some skis!
            Keep it safe! JDL

Comment

Originally posted by Jayomaha View Post
              I know a lot of folks don’t/won’t visit iceshanty.com.
              Why is that?

​Go Big Red!!

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleH View Post
                Why is that?
                Actually I am not sure the comments I have seen no is ever on that site, and people are not nice there. This forum and the iceshanty are the sum total of my social media world. Also in reverse a few comments from iceshanty say they would never post on NEFGA. I find a world of information from both sites.
                Keep it safe! JDL

Comment

• NateWC
                  NateWC commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I find that iceshanty.com is more comprehensive and has a lot more going on if you step outside the "Nebraska" section. The Nebraska section often the same people that post here, asking/answering the same questions. I visit both.

• Jayomaha
                  Jayomaha commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I agree! Anyway on the iceshanty forum speaking of smitty sleds it has it’s own sub forum like 62 pages. Still looking for skis.
                  Keep it safe! JDL

Might try and make it out tomorrow to see if I can find some fish. So the areas I have marked in green are the humps that I need to try?
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Lake.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	268.3 KB
ID:	1224502

Comment

• Flicted
                  Flicted commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Looks good. Good luck.

I would drill some holes in the pinch points between the humps for sure.
                I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. -Sam Redfern

Comment

Working...
                X