Sandhills Slam....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sandhills Slam....

Had another great weekend out at a long-standing Ice Pike tournament. We tacked on an extra day at another lake and pounded tons of panfish, bass and catfish. In all, caught countless, crappie, bass, catfish, yellow perch and of course Pike. Managed to land my second MA Pike of 2019 on Friday. 36.5 but much thicker and fatter than my Refuge pike. Absolutely a fantastic time! All pike are still swimming. Took some perch, bluegills and crappie for Friday night and Saturday night fish dinner.
    "Man should fish for sport. I don't fish for meat. Fish meat is practically a vegetable" --Ron Swanson

Great looking fish!! Nothing like Sandhills fishing for sure!

Comment

Looks like a lot of fun!
      How much ice that direction? Our Sandhill lakes in this area are very iffy in places.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandbilly View Post
        Looks like a lot of fun!
        How much ice that direction? Our Sandhill lakes in this area are very iffy in places.
        Panfish ponds had anywhere from 4-6". The bigger pike lake had 6-8". I visited with the lady at the Sinclair station in Hyannis though and she indicated that ice at the nearby lakes was shaky. Said that a person put their 4 wheeler through the ice on one of the nearby lakes (I assume Frye or E. Hyannis) last Sunday.

It really varied though. Some lakes you'd drive by and they'd be half open and others would be locked up with solid 6". Crazy how much variation there was.
        "Man should fish for sport. I don't fish for meat. Fish meat is practically a vegetable" --Ron Swanson

Comment

• Sandbilly
          Sandbilly commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you for the report. Not surprised about dropping a quad in Frye. There was a yoyo bouncing around out there a week after it capped. Some things you can't fix. I'm walking where I'm fishing this season, and taking some time doing it!
          Use to be some nice perch and bluegill in the pike lake but I haven't heard much since the 2012 drought.

• AV Angler
          AV Angler commented
          Editing a comment
          I think there are still some of those perch and bluegill in the pike lake but I think you'd be hard pressed to find them. When I've only got one day on the lake, I usually opt to just set tip ups and run for flags all day.
      Working...
      X