STRIKEMASTER BLADES

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

STRIKEMASTER BLADES

Anyone have trouble with the strikemaster lazer blades . They do cut fast but dont last very long and at $60 plus a set its getting a little costly. Have the 10" just wondering if 8" are seeing any problems. Strikemaster says its dirty ice and thats the way it is or i could put a chipper auger on my 4 stroke powerhead and would work fine, just a little slower cut. Blades are cheaper plus will last much longer and can be sharpened.
    Looking for any input [pros &cons] on putting a chipper auger on my little 4 stroke engines, love the engine not so much the blades!
    FISH WITH TEETH ROCK

I have not had any trouble with the 10" lazer blades, but I generally change them out every 2 years. The key is to not put any pressure on them when drilling: the weight of the auger is sufficient. There is a lazer blade sharpener you can buy or you can find new blades for $20 here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Strikemaste...L5H8:rk:9:pf:0
    Every mistake is a learning opportunity!

Comment

If you are careful you can use files and deburr the blades and they work good as new

Comment

I own a 6" and 7" Laser and both are on about 6 years same blades. I'm always very careful with them, but never had an issue.

Comment

Hooksetter, look and see if your blades are China or Swedish made, there is a huge difference. Swedish steel much harder and will hold an edge 10X longer. If that is not the problem then it might be time for chipper blades.

You are correct in the idea of a smaller dia bit will not dull as fast due to the math of it all. That said, cut dirty ice and the edge will roll on any blade.

Comment

Swedish Blades came directly from strikemaster. Tech guy at strikemaster said he smoked 2 sets of lazers in South Dakota in one weekend, so 10" chipper may be a future purchase!
            FISH WITH TEETH ROCK

Comment

I had it happen one year on lake 20 near Fremont after high north winds blew sand on the ice. The sand fouled the blades so quick I barely got through the first hole. Couldn't figure out what was going on till I looked at the blades and they looked more serrated than a straight edge. It's the risk you take with Lazer blades but I still use them and love the speed of them when the ice gets thick.
              I love catching bass. Every MA is like a participation trophy from mother nature!

Comment

you can get your blades sharpened there are a few places that you can mail them too that will do it but I took mine to a knife shop in Omaha that did if for $7 a blade if I remember right and they cut like a new set

Comment

Working...
                X