Collapse
This Is A Sticky Thread
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ice was over a 12" thick in the back cove by the golf course at Holmes Lake today.

Comment

11 to 12 inches on zorinsky today
      Teach a boy to fish and he will stay out of trouble for the rest of his life or until he gets married

Comment

Ice at Walnut Creek varied from 14" on the southwest arm to 7" (with some slush) along the deeper sections of the creek channel. There is also some ice that I would guess is thinner than 7" near the east parking lot jetty, but I'd only be guessing. Most of the main lake holes I drilled were somewhere in the 10 - 12" range though.

Comment

I found 9” of ice at Standing Bear. Snow is bowing the ice. Water gushed out of the first hole I cut. Found 11” of ice nearby, less snow and no water flowing.
          Mike - LaVista, NE

Comment

Ice at Frye was 10 inches thick this weekend. There was an open hole in the middle. Ice at Island was 8-9 inches with another area of open water in the middle. Blue and Crescent both were 8 inches.

Comment

Walnut Creek (Papillion) has 10-12” of ice under variable depth snow (avg about 8 inches) and some areas of slush anywhere anyone has punched holes.

Comment

03/01
                Map updated for:
                North Park Lake, Holdrege
                Sandy Channels
                Blue Hole West
                UPRR
                Coot Shallows
                Kea West
                Yanney Park

Most Kearney area lakes (I-80/ Platte River influenced) have questionable or open water on the west ends, with SOLID 8+ under some varying snow cover on east ends.

SPUD BAR SPUD BAR SPUD BAR SPUD BAR SPUD BAR SPUD BAR SPUD BAR SPUD BAR SPUD BAR SPUD BAR

Harold F.

Report Fish/Game Violations:
                1-800-742-SNAP (7627)

Comment

Walnut Creek (Papillion) still has about 12" of solid ice underneath about 4" of now-solid old slush/snow. Occasional snow drifts on the ice above all of that, but overall not too bad for pulling a sled.

Comment

Prairie Queen had 15” overall but the top 8” was soft slush ice and the bottom 7” was chunky and hard to cut.
                    Mike - LaVista, NE

Comment

Working...
                    X