Collapse
This Is A Sticky Thread
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most of Fremont lakes have good ice czechland had 5inches of ice branched oaks is open except for some coves

Comment

Fished prairie queen today with 6 inches of fish able ice just north of the bridge also fished walnut creek with 6 inches on the south end.
      Teach a boy to fish and he will stay out of trouble for the rest of his life or until he gets married

Comment

• NateWC
        NateWC commented
        Editing a comment
        I also fished Walnut Creek and found 6 inches on the south end on Sunday, Jan. 20 and would add, at least for now, a warning NOT to access the ice at the boat ramp (which is not at the south end) yet.

Ice at the boat ramp area is still very "young" (capped over sometime in the wee hours Saturday morning Jan. 19).

I plan to test the ice near the boat ramp and north later this week and will report here when I do.

Wagontrain and Hedgefield both have 4 inches of white ice on much of the lakes. The black ice is only 1 inch thick.
      " A brave man likes the feel of nature on his face, Jack." - Wang Chi

Comment

Wagontrain 2" of black ice on the west, southwest side by the day-use. North 3/4 of lake covered in white. Didnt check how deep

Comment

2" mixed at Stagecoach S/SE by the boat ramp

Comment

4" white ice at Bluestem. 20-30y in from the south point by boat ramp

Comment

• Harold
            Harold commented
            Editing a comment
            THANK YOU for the ice reports... and WELCOME to the FORUM!

3-4" of solid clear ice at Wehrspann. 1 crazy (me) fishing.
          Every mistake is a learning opportunity!

Comment

4 people fishing the Bowling Trout pond this afternoon when I drove by. No one on the main lake. Parts of the main lake were open before this cold snap and while locked up now might not be that thick; particularly on the north and west sides.

Comment

3.5 inches of black, 5.5 inches of white ice at Hedgefield. Numerous anglers on the lake
              " A brave man likes the feel of nature on his face, Jack." - Wang Chi

Comment

1/27 Lake Zorinsky (Omaha) had 6"of ice with a few fishers out and ice skaters (?, saw from afar.) I only visited the eastern half.

Comment

Burchard 1/27, 4-5" on North arm, lots of snow and slush. Road has not been plowed, and past the boat ramp lot gets fairly deep, 4x4 recommended.

Comment

Wanahoo - 01/28/19 - 7"

Comment

Wildwood, 1/27/19, 4 1/2"-5" of clear ice out from the dam. I didn't check thickness on the way out but it was pretty cloudy ice.

Comment

From Joe Rydell 1/28/19.
                        Frye Lake 80% open water.
                        Steverson Lake 50% open water.
                        Smith WMA open water from east end of campground to the highway.

Comment

Wildwood - 01/29/19 - 7"

Comment

Working...
                          X