X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Official NEFGA.ORG 2018/2019 Ice Thickness Report Map

^^^^^^CLICK ABOVE TO SEE MAP^^^^^^

With over 150 posted Ice Map locations, our NEBRASKA ICE MAP covers most all of our Nebraska ice fishing destinations! While we do have "regional ice condition reporters" the majority of the information on the Ice Map comes from ACTIVE ICER'S.

To secure Ice Reports from some locations, the Ice Map Team has agreed NOT to include "the catch"- or- "lack of" on the Map. ONLY ice condition reports! PLEASE post pictures, individual fishing success, videos of whales eating Eskimo's, etc. on the
    Ice Fishing Forum where they will receive the most views and comments are encouraged!

This Map will be updated as reports are received by several Map Volunteers. Keeping this ICE REPORT THREAD "clean" will allow for quicker updates by the Volunteers!

REMINDERS:
    -ALWAYS CHECK THE DATES ON THE ICE MAP REPORTS!
    -Ice conditions can change at any time!

-NO ICE IS SAFE ICE- Always use caution!

**Disclaimer**

The Nebraska Fish & Game Association is not responsible for individuals who travel on to the ice based on information provided from this map. This map is intended as a reference tool only. The information here is shared from the public. NEFGA does not confirm the accuracy of the information. NEFGA is not responsible for the accuracy of the information provided. Be aware that the reports are not necessarily current. There is no such thing as safe ice. Ice conditions are always changing. This map will not identify safe ice conditions anywhere at anytime.

PLEASE BE SAFE! Travel on ice is done at your own risk.
    NEFGA on Amazon Smile

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

• JKL
      JKL commented
      Editing a comment
      Could you share the location please? I would like to add it to the map. Thanks!

• swoab47
      swoab47 commented
      Editing a comment
      First pic is Holms. Second is Prairie Queen. It says it when you click on the pics.

• JKL
      JKL commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks swoab47 I missed that

The ice in the south leg of walnut creek is inconsistent goes from 4 inches of snow filled ice to 2-2.5 inches of good black ice
    Teach a boy to fish and he will stay out of trouble for the rest of his life or until he gets married

Comment

2” of clear ice today on the west end of standing bear

Comment

3 inches on walnut creek at the boat ramp today
        Teach a boy to fish and he will stay out of trouble for the rest of his life or until he gets married

Comment

Thanks for the reports. I'll get them added to the map when I have access to a pc. I refuse to do it on my phone. 😊
          NEFGA on Amazon Smile

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Stanton county farm pond. 2.5

Maskenthine 3.5 at the boat ramp. One shack near the handicapped pier...
            Last edited by swoab47; 12-08-2018, 04:29 PM.

Comment

3 inches of ice at the bridge on prairie queen, geese are keeping some water open just to the north of the bridge though.

Comment

Prairie Queen is 3-4” in the coves that locked up before the snow. Soft snowy white ice. The clear new ice is 2” as of 4:00 Today. Same for Walnut Creek. Clear 2” and white is 3”. Halleck in Papillion is 1.5” where it’s clear and 3 where it’s white.
                Mike - LaVista, NE

Comment

2” of ice at boat ramp at Yankee Hill. Probably gonna be another week before it’s safe enough. Had to get out and test the new ice auger

Comment

Youngman had 3.5” of clear back ice by the dam.

Comment

5" today on a Butler county pond.

3.5" on Otoe County pond.

Comment

3" of clear ice on Mormon Island West

Comment

4-5" of clear ice on Fremont lake 20 today

Comment

Three inches of clear but wet ice at Hedgefield. Three blows with the spud bar went through. Multiple holes from other anglers, four others on the lake. I'm glad my partner and I both had spikes and throw ropes among our gear. I didn't feel I could have run across the ice without it giving under my weight.
                            " A brave man likes the feel of nature on his face, Jack." - Wang Chi

Comment

Working...
                            X